Maintanance for a new/older TW?
Close

Hey guys! My tw is an 05 model and I just bought it and it's just about ready to turn 500 miles. It's in show room condition and I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to mechanics. I live in a small town in eastern WA and only have a few spots to taker her for scheduled maintenance. When and what should I do to keep her tip top and with out draining my wallet? I plane to take her hunting as much as I can and will be in some harsh conditions. To sum it up I'm going to ride the bike allot and I am a total newb at maintenance. Thanks for any replies to my post.

Change the oil now.

Check the owner's manual for other maintenance items. You can do most of it yourself. They include adjusting the valves periodically, changing the oil, cleaning the air filter, greasing the swing arm, etc. etc.

But seriously, change the oil right now. You are in the break in period. I would change it again at 1000 and then every 1000 from then on if you ride it hard.

Where about do you live? If we're close, I'd like to help you out.
    If you can't find it, grind it

1990 TW200

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

i live in wenatchee and would love to have any help i can get thanks!

Welcome to The T-Dub Club!

Head on over to this thread and get the manuals.

You should find just about everything you need to know in those documents, get familiar with them, they will save you a ton of money, time and aggravation.

Next go to the Tech section of this forum and "Read" all of the pinned topics. (Don't just look at the pretty TW pictures, I know it's hard)

If you have specific questions start with a search on the forum, chances are it has been covered before.....usually over and over and over and over....well you get it. If you can't find what your looking for ask up! Someone here will point you in the right direction. There is a wealth of info on the board and inside the heads of the members and they enjoy sharing it. That is why we have such a great forum.

There are many websites to order OEM and after market parts. Shop around cause sometime shipping can kill a good deal. I like stadiumyamaha, boats.net and powersportsplus to compare OEM prices. A forum member works for procycle and has set up a TW specific page with a lot good stuff all in one place. Here is a link to an older thread with a bunch of parts links.

Lastly hurry up and order a shirt the deadline is approaching and this offer may not happen again.
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

Thanks for all the help guys.

Sponosred Links