TW200 Noob!
Close
    
    
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: TW200 Noob!

  1. #1
    Senior Member mattmus4357's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    NW Arkansas
    Posts
    250
    Hey guys! I've been looking at dual sports for a while, mostly the CRF230L and the KLX250S. However I've turned my attention to the TW200. Only problem is there's not a lot on the used market, and I really don't want to pay $5k for a new one. I've found a few early 2000's models with low miles, but they've all been priced in the $2700-$3000 range. Is it just sit back and wait on one to pop up on CL or Ebay? Thanks!

  2. #2
    Senior Member DonBenito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    976
    These bikes do seem to hold their value fairly well. The only used ones I could ever find in my area were either priced around 75% of a new bike's MSRP or worn out old beaters that would need a lot of work to become daily drivers. I eventually got tired of waiting for a used bargain and purchased a brand new TW on clearance for only about $1000 more than 5-10 year old used ones were selling for. Seems worth it to me for a cherry new bike that I know hasn't been abused.
    2011 TW200 - Sold - after 9700 miles and 1,000,000 smiles. So long Tee Dub!
    2012 KLR650
    - Sold
    2013 Tiger Explorer XC
    2014 CB500X - RRP L3

  3. #3
    Senior Member Skyking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Frost, Texas
    Posts
    572
    Patience is a virtue. It's also smart. I can just about guarantee that a nice used one will show up the day after you buy a new one. There are a million of these out there, and someone is going to be selling real soon. Also; an asking price is not the same as a buying price. Cash talks. Consider traveling for a good deal. A few hours of your time to save a Grand; is time well spent. Put an ad out yourself. Who knows; maybe your neighbor has one.



    Welcome to the site, and good luck.





    Ride on.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member mattmus4357's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    NW Arkansas
    Posts
    250
    Quote Originally Posted by DonBenito View Post
    These bikes do seem to hold their value fairly well. The only used ones I could ever find in my area were either priced around 75% of a new bike's MSRP or worn out old beaters that would need a lot of work to become daily drivers. I eventually got tired of waiting for a used bargain and purchased a brand new TW on clearance for only about $1000 more than 5-10 year old used ones were selling for. Seems worth it to me for a cherry new bike that I know hasn't been abused.


    Yeah that's kind of where I'm at right now. I'm going to wait a little while longer before going that route to see if any pop up in the winter. Who knows.

  6. #5
    Senior Member lizrdbrth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Desert, SoCal
    Posts
    7,369
    Consider putting your ballpark location under your avatar. You never know when a member near you may turn up a smokin' deal.



    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

    Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

  7. #6
    Senior Member mattmus4357's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    NW Arkansas
    Posts
    250
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwizard View Post
    Patience is a virtue. It's also smart. I can just about guarantee that a nice used one will show up the day after you buy a new one. There are a million of these out there, and someone is going to be selling real soon. Also; an asking price is not the same as a buying price. Cash talks. Consider traveling for a good deal. A few hours of your time to save a Grand; is time well spent. Put an ad out yourself. Who knows; maybe your neighbor has one.



    Welcome to the site, and good luck.





    Ride on.


    I don't mind driving/flying anywhere within 8 or so hours, I'm kind of a fan of road trips. I updated my location, hopefully it shows up now.

  8. #7
    Senior Member Skyking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Frost, Texas
    Posts
    572
    That's really nice country up there. I'll keep an eye out around my neck of the woods.

  9. #8
    Senior Member mattmus4357's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    NW Arkansas
    Posts
    250
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwizard View Post
    That's really nice country up there. I'll keep an eye out around my neck of the woods.


    Really nice country down there in your area too. Where do you go riding down there? Not to the north I suppose?

  10. #9
    Senior Member Skyking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Frost, Texas
    Posts
    572
    Right now just mainly my land(57ac.), and all the dirt and gravel roads around here. All the land about is fenced off, and not accessible. There's so much mesquite and locusts trees about; that I wouldn't want to ride most areas anyways.

  11. #10
    Senior Member nfpgasmask's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    500
    If you want a decent bike in good shape, I would say you are going to shell out $2000-$3500 for a good used one. I paid $2800 for my 2009 a couple months ago. Love it. Also, I had to check craigslist every morning until the right one popped up. Took me about a month to find one local.



    Bart

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Noob saying Hi
    By MikeJnz3 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-02-2013, 08:36 PM
  2. Noob here...
    By respond2us in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-25-2013, 06:42 PM
  3. total noob hello
    By losttourist in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-03-2012, 07:39 PM
  4. Another noob
    By Tirebiter in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 11:33 AM
  5. Noob first ride
    By Gadget Man in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-14-2010, 11:54 PM

Search tags for this page

helmet lock on a tw 200

Click on a term to search for related topics.