• 2 Post By AWS
  • 1 Post By JerseyJeeper
  • 1 Post By Elvesus
  • 1 Post By Badgerflorida
  • 4 Post By AWS
  • 2 Post By goldenhtr

Thread: New TW200

New TW200

I've been looking at used TW's and the prices are high for used bikes. For a little more I can buy brand new. I see 2017's and 2018's both new with about a $4-500 difference, is there enough difference to make the 2018 more desirable. I plan to keep the bike for a long time as it will go in a trailer behind my RV for hunting and fishing access on the back roads west of the Mississippi. I'm retired so it will be used a lot as I go for months at a time.
    Badgerflorida and Dryden-Tdub like this.

Welcome aboard. You'll have a lot of fun and learn a lot here.. Great bunch, great forum!
    Badgerflorida likes this.
    Husqvarna TE300i Fuel Injected 2-Stroke 2019
    Yamaha XT225 - 1999 Serow
    Yamaha TW200Z - 2010
    Yamaha BW200 Electric Start! - 1986
    Yamaha TTR225R - 2003
    Husqvarna 701 Enduro - 2017
    Kawasaki Prairie 650 - 2002

Welcome from Vancouver Island!

Mechanically, there is no difference between the 2017 and the 2018. Only the colour scheme is different between them.
    Badgerflorida likes this.
    John in Nanaimo

2013 TW200 - with Shinko 241 front tire, Rox 2" anti-vibe risers, Polisport Touquet handguards, homemade wind deflector, Manracks utility rack

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forum. It is my humble opinion that the 2018 colors will carry higher value in the used market. Pretty sure you’ll smile like the rest of us whichever one you ride. Cheers
    Dryden-Tdub likes this.
    01 SOLD
    96 SOLD
    89 restored SOLD
    89 (restoration in process)
    05 (restoration in process)
    03 SOLD
    04 in great condition

Quote Originally Posted by AWS View Post
    I've been looking at used TW's and the prices are high for used bikes. For a little more I can buy brand new. I see 2017's and 2018's both new with about a $4-500 difference, is there enough difference to make the 2018 more desirable. I plan to keep the bike for a long time as it will go in a trailer behind my RV for hunting and fishing access on the back roads west of the Mississippi. I'm retired so it will be used a lot as I go for months at a time.
    There out there, but you have to be ready to jump asap.
    ps: is AWS for american water spaniel?

Welcome to the site. PNW= Wa.?
    A very very wise man once said “it’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"Now then get your weapons... and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me"
    Gen:27:3

“I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.”
    -Ronald Reagan

2017-2018...same bike, different clothes. either will serve you well. Cut your best deal and HAVE FUN!!
    Riding a TW is like riding a piece of freedom Hidden Content
    I don't want to go where the road takes me. I want to go where it does not.

goldenhtr, yes AWS/American Water Spaniel, yes WA . Originally from WI, the home of the AWS, my Callie dog was one of the great one and is immortalized in print and on traveling trophy's.

Thanks everyone for the welcome and the impute. I.ve been a bike rider for a long time, I put a kick start wash machine motor in a 20" bicycle in the 1950's and terrorized the fields and forest of SW WI for a few years, then it was road bikes for a long time. I've been traveling out of a van set up for off hwy lifted and posi. It has a bunk and solar power for heat and lights. I've run a mountain bike beyond where the van would travel. We are getting older now and it is hard to travel with two vehicles. My wife and I are going travel together in one motorhome with my duck boat and a TW in a trailer and I will use the TW to roam the country from a base camp.

What I like about the TW as it is street legal everywhere and I can travel to where the pavement ends and then get out in the bush for some serious work, coyote hunting and fishing, even some predator control on some ranches that know me.

There will be questions along the way as far as setting up a GPS(I use one with public lands chips), racks, extra fuel, etc.

Thanks again

AWS
    Last edited by AWS; 04-25-2018 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AWS View Post
    goldenhtr, yes AWS/American Water Spaniel, yes WA . Originally from WI, the home of the AWS, my Callie dog was one of the great one and is immortalized in print and on traveling trophy's.

Thanks everyone for the welcome and the impute. I.ve been a bike rider for a long time, I put a kick start wash machine motor in a 20" bicycle in the 1950's and terrorized the fields and forest of SW WI for a few years, then it was road bikes for a long time. I've been traveling out of a van set up for off hwy lifted and posi. It has a bunk and solar power for heat and lights. I've run a mountain bike beyond where the van would travel. We are getting older now and it is hard to travel with two vehicles. My wife and I are going travel together in one motorhome with my duck boat and a TW in a trailer and I will use the TW to roam the country from a base camp.

What I like about the TW as it is street legal everywhere and I can travel to where the pavement ends and then get out in the bush for some serious work, coyote hunting and fishing, even some predator control on some ranches that know me.

There will be questions along the way as far as setting up a GPS(I use one with public lands chips), racks, extra fuel, etc.

Thanks again

AWS
    Thought so. This is you right I have the same user name (goldenhtr) over there as well.

Purple and Dryden-Tdub like this.
    A very very wise man once said “it’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"Now then get your weapons... and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me"
    Gen:27:3

“I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.”
    -Ronald Reagan

Bingo

Sponosred Links