Hurricane Sandy
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Sandy

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to share a set I've made showing pictures I've taken from the past several days looking at and absorbing the wrath of Hurricane Sandy. I guess this is an outlet for me to channel some of the horrible things I've seen and witnessed over the past week.

My wife and I live in Point Pleasant NJ, right next to Bay Head NJ, one of the areas that Sandy did the most damage. We are ok, and luckily our home made it thought with no flooding and or severe damage. Still no power, heat, or hot water. Just got a generator up and running so we can plug in a few crucial appliances.....

Take a look:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/richard...7631934630157/

Anyone else form New Jersey or the surrounding area? They're telling me it's going to be a while until my power is restored, and the gasoline lines have been 1 hour plus just to fill up the can to keep the generator going.....

Stuck at home, trying keeping myself busy and helping out neighbors, cutting trees ( 2 stroke chain saw fun ), cleaning up, etc.... Most of the roads are still blocked by the national guard and it's impossible to move about to go and get food, gas, or anything else for that matter.....

- Todd
    "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a motorcycle"

Thanks for posting those pix.

It's hard to see all the destruction from just TV footage.

I can't believe they would turn down outside help because volunteers were non-union.

Good luck!

I know, I couldn't believe that myself, and that happend in Seaside, just a few towns south of where I am...... We NEED all the help we can get, union or not! Even just repairing the electricity infrastructure in going to be major, people with out power for weeks.

I just can't or will never understand that.

-Todd
    "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a motorcycle"

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

The Mob has never really gone away folks. It's still out there. Only in a different format. It's all lagit now(mostly).

R-T-G,

Thanks for posting, having good thoughts for you and yours.

Hoping you all are staying warm! Sorry to hear about all your frustration. You sound like one of the few who are self sufficiant! Take a minute and google Parkersburg Iowa tornado. I am a few miles away and spent a entire summer helping those folks clean up and rebuild. Mother nature is a be_____otch! More power to you and yours during this event. Times will get better eventually. The rest of the country is certainly thinking about you guys. To bad we are all so broke and not able to come out and help........ Sad.

please support the red cross brings a tear to my eye when i think of the help they gave me from ireen, don't realize how long a warm meal goes when disaster hits. be carfull and be safe durring the clean up

Hey Todd... sorry to hear about you and NJ/NY's troubles. I live in Bucks County,PA, not too far from you, and my immediate neighborhood really dodged a bullet damage-wise. Less than two miles away there's tons of property damage and still many without power. I will keep u in my thoughts and try to keep positive.

Andy

Hey Thanks for all your kind words and thoughts, it really goes a long way on the spirits!

Wow! I can't believe the images! Mother nature is truly powerful....

You've got a friend in the Bracket Business! Hidden Content

Get your TW200 Parts at ProCycle! Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links