Wasps and Bees!
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wasps and Bees!

My left wrist is a stinger magnet. I caught a wasp in it on today's ride. It stung me three times before I get stopped and got it out.

My riding jacket needs to be tighter in the wrist!

Anyone else getting stung?

Ouch. At least it was your hand and not your face.

At low speeds and in town I have to ride with my full face visor up to prevent fogging. I keep wondering what will happen if a bee flies in my helmet.

Bee careful out there.

Yup, my left wrist got destroyed by either a bee or a wasp 6 weeks ago while on a big group ride. It got me 3 times just like you and was stuck in my jacket. My wrist swelled up and I'm not even allergic. Hurt like a *****!
    '93 TW200 :: '00 DRZ400E Plated :: '06 WR250F Plated

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I am glad it wasn't in the helmet. I sometimes ride with the shield up (glasses on) for better visibility. My wrist is stiff and itchy right now. I'm not especially reactive to stings either.

A wasp built a nest between my skid plate and engine a few months back.
    2011 TW200 - Sold - after 9700 miles and 1,000,000 smiles. So long Tee Dub!
    2012 KLR650
    - Sold
    2013 Tiger Explorer XC
    2014 CB500X - RRP L3

I had a yellow jacket hit me on my neck and fall inside my t-shirt. It didn't sting me until after I stopped, opened my jacket, lifted my t-shirt and tried to set it free and then it got me just below the naval. I continued on the ride but it took a lot of the fun out of it. The spot where I got stung hurt for a day or two and then itched for several more days.

As for the yellow jacket, it ended up on the ground and I stomped it to death.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

I've alerted PETA.

The good news is that a hot nude protester chick wearing yellow jacket body paint will be on your doorstep shortly.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Oh yeah!! Stung so many times last year I lost count. Upgraded gear to full face, visor ALWAYS down! Full long sleeve jacket, thick enough to keep them from sting through. & gauntlet style gloves, to save the wrists. Also I now always wear my kevlar over-pants, no more stings to my (fill in the blank), and I can tell you those hurt! Yes it's hot, but I just deal with it, & not just for the hoards of yellow jackets, hornets, honey bees, bumble bees, the list goes on!

Oh Liz, thanks for sending the Bee girl around, I am now a born again bee lover, & vow to respect the existences of our stinger packing comrades... but I'm keeping my Benidryl, just in case. m.

My very first Iron Butt Association ride in 2006. Doing it the hard way, I did a Saddlesore 1000 on a Royal Enfield Bullet. Had a bee go straight up my sleeve and sting the crap out of my left forearm. Hurt for a week but it was still a great ride.
    1987 TW200

2001 BMW F650GS Dakar

2011 BMW R1200RT

BMWMOA, Chain Gang, Iron Butt Association

Guess riding and bee stings go together. Stung on neck while riding the pavement awhile back. I've been stung about 4 times since I got the tw. thats prolly more times then I have in 20 years. I remember having to ride thru a swarm awhile back. Shield down, head tilted down, ride thru quickly....didn't get stung that time!
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links