Oil level glass
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oil level glass

Hey guys so I bought a 2010 tw200 from the dealership on oct. 17 with 256 miles on it. It now has 1150.

I haven't changed the oil yet. When should I change the oil? The reason why I didn't change it yet because I would assume the dealership would take care of it when they did their "dealer preperation". Anyways, should I change it?

Also, it's been sitting for about 2 weeks now in my garage with the engine kill switch off and the fuel switch on "off". Does that matter?

And about the oil glass level, where would be the ideal level? When I make it stay striaght and upright its well over the first line. Sometimes its even on the first line. Not the bottom line, but the top one.

Also, since it's been sitting for 2 weeks in my garage, is there anything I should be looking for problem wise? just so I don't encounter one. I plan on riding it tomoroww.

Idk if this helps, but I do a lot of aggressive riding. Rev more than the normal tw200 user. And street only.

Quote Originally Posted by osheen View Post
    Hey guys so I bought a 2010 tw200 from the dealership on oct. 17 with 256 miles on it. It now has 1150.

I haven't changed the oil yet. When should I change the oil? The reason why I didn't change it yet because I would assume the dealership would take care of it when they did their "dealer preperation". Anyways, should I change it?

Also, it's been sitting for about 2 weeks now in my garage with the engine kill switch off and the fuel switch on "off". Does that matter?

And about the oil glass level, where would be the ideal level? When I make it stay striaght and upright its well over the first line. Sometimes its even on the first line. Not the bottom line, but the top one.

Also, since it's been sitting for 2 weeks in my garage, is there anything I should be looking for problem wise? just so I don't encounter one. I plan on riding it tomoroww.

Idk if this helps, but I do a lot of aggressive riding. Rev more than the normal tw200 user. And street only.

All of your question can be answered by reading the owners manual. Crazy right!

Read these!
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

Quote Originally Posted by n2o2diver View Post
    All of your question can be answered by reading the owners manual. Crazy right!

Read these!

lol just tell me! I don't want to download all of it. Give me a free pass on this one

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Read! It won't kill you! Sooner or later you will need the manuals, may as well grab them now.
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

osheen... you asked the same question on october 26th... you got some quality repsonses... maybe you should re-read your post from then.

This isn't SIRI, it's a forum!

We will point you to the info, but I'll be damn if I'm going to transcribe it for you.

How lazy can you be, really? If you haven't read the owners manual for your bike you are a fool.

Maybe a Forum member should just run on over to your house an do it for you. Is that what you are waiting for?

You asked for help! We gave it! If you aren't willing to do something for yourself, I'm done with you!
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

Alright I downloaded the manuals and read them and found out my answers. Sorry for being a douche, that's what happens when you're a 20 year old

Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by osheen View Post
    Alright I downloaded the manuals and read them and found out my answers. Sorry for being a douche, that's what happens when you're a 20 year old

Thanks guys

I like your attitude!
    If you can't find it, grind it

1990 TW200

Lol. Set a level on your bike to check oil levels. Get a battery tender to prolong battery life. Simple as that.
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

on my bikes that have a petcock(fuel switch), I keep it 'OFF' when not driving. BMW carbs would leak a bit so it was just safety. If you bought a bike from the dealer it should have come with a manual...go back and ask for one. paper for me is sometime easier than a download, esp if I am out in the garage working.
    2005 Tdub

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links