Close

Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By admiral
  • 1 Post By Fred
  • 1 Post By Fred
  • 2 Post By Big Jim Swade

Thread: TW Sighting in Riggins, Idaho

TW Sighting in Riggins, Idaho

On our way back from college graduation I saw a TW traveling south in Riggins and then turning left on Salmon River Road or whatever the legal name/FS# is.

I think it was an 88 or as it looked all black but it went by so fast haha I didn't have a good look.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Was he packing an inflatable kayak on the back? salmon.jpg
    One of the more stupid things I did once was I.K from Partidge Bridge down to almost Riggens with my leg in a soft cast while recovering with a broken tibia. Low water so rapids were not bad, I had a fellow following me on the road, plus figured if need be I am an fairly experienced rapid swimmer. Still a stupid thrill seeking risk, know better now.
    admiral likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

I think just riding. Your trip kayaking the river looks fun. Floating in a soft cast is some crazy stuff for sure. Not to beat a dead horse but the picture looks like one of "Freds easy floats". lol.

All of the major rivers are running extremely high. Some flooding is occurring. Here in Riggins the Salmon River was higher than I've ever seen it but not flooding. I saw the float companies had their rafts out but I don't know if any floating is going on yet. The river water looked mighty powerful.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I was a younger more foolish man. Here crutch- bound and bored atop White Bird Hill overlooking river canyon, Admirals new home?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    admiral likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

I was at the Kirkwood Ranch on the Snake River on Sunday and someone rode in on an older TW200. I was on my Can Am Outland 1000, but it was good to see the TW show up.
    admiral and Fred like this.
    2017 TW200
    Krator Pegs, Rear Cycle Rack
    Jimbo Shield 650 Miles on it.

1962 Honda Cub 55

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim Swade View Post
    I was at the Kirkwood Ranch on the Snake River on Sunday and someone rode in on an older TW200. I was on my Can Am Outland 1000, but it was good to see the TW show up.
    Was it a black TW? I think the rider I saw was wearing a black jacket as well.

We almost made it to the Kirkwood Ranch 2 years ago-ish. We made it to the ravine/gulch where it got real steep. The steep section I'm talking about is inline with the trail marker. I went just ahead before Mrs. Admiral dropped all the way in to scout the trail out. Not knowing how steep it was further I turned around just past the switchback. My plan is to return soon as that is one cool looking ranch and interesting a caretaker lives there. Getting there by boat sounds way easier but we're riders so that'll be what we do. An ATV would be much easier too so maybe we'll bring that along as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I was a younger more foolish man. Here crutch- bound and bored atop White Bird Hill overlooking river canyon, Admirals new home?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    I wish.

Sponosred Links