Is it only me..........
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Is it only me..........

Is it only me..........

Man do I ever HATE the seat on the TW200! The previous owner had it professionally redone and my arse is sore after a couple of hours........ I swear that a KTM or Husky seat sounds "comfy" after a couple of hours. Mrs putt-putt and I did 63 kms with the ebikes the other day and my butt was fine.......
    Soooooooooooooooo, my quesrion to you is, what the hell can I do to improve this situation? I think I now understand why there are so many low mileage bikes for sale........ Having a custom saddle on the Triumph doesn't help one bit either)
    Frustrated with a sore butt!
    Ken and grewen like this.
    putt-putt

I don't have much of a frame of reference outside of dirt bikes with stock seats, but I haven't had much of a problem with the tw seat so far. I'm sure it depends on a number of things, body type, etc, are you mainly talking about a lack of cushion, or just not fitting right when you're on it?
    Ken likes this.
    2018 TW200

Safety sticker removal mod
    Carb re-jet: 130 main, 34 pilot
    DG v2 exhaust, 1.25" insert

1972 CT2 175 - The OG TW

Not just you. I had one of these show up on my doorstep today:
    https://www.coleman.com/comfort-ride...000012623.html
    https://www.amazon.com/MadDog-GearCo.../dp/B006JMK7N8

I got it strapped down, but haven't put any ass-time on it yet.
    WHS, Gulfrider and Ken like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by redriderjf87 View Post
    I don't have much of a frame of reference outside of dirt bikes with stock seats, but I haven't had much of a problem with the tw seat so far. I'm sure it depends on a number of things, body type, etc, are you mainly talking about a lack of cushion, or just not fitting right when you're on it?
    It feels overly stiff and too wide between my thighs which bunches up my shorts and pants....... The seat seems to be tilted from back to front which only aggrevates the situation! I have never ridden a stock seat so I have nothing to compare the "reupholstered" seat too. I am six feet tall and 170/175 pounds......
    Elvesus and grewen like this.
    putt-putt

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    Seat Concepts is the #1 TW mod. If you have a problem with with inching forward, get one with a gripper top. Contact member Placerlode or read his current product availability posts.
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-55 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114 folding shifter

You need to stand more often to relieve the "Butt stress".
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

Quote Originally Posted by Leisure Time Larry View Post
    Seat Concepts is the #1 TW mod.
    I went from one hour to five hours with the Seat Concepts seat...best investment I ever made for the TW, other than the Shinko 241.
    https://seatconcepts.com/products/yamaha-1987-08-tw200

Then I added a sheepskin on top. My 70 year old butt loves it.
    admiral, putt-putt and socalnative like this.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Starting to sound like Seat Concepts might be the way to go with the GRIP SEAT! Before I pull the trigger on that I will use a no-slip mat like you use in RV's on the seat and see of that makes a difference.........
    goldenhtr and Jon62602 like this.
    putt-putt

i've never had a problem on the stock seat, up to 8+ hrs. standing on the pegs helps, stopping and stretching, probably helps too that my kids have always said i "have a j-lo ass"
    baby-got-back and the seat is alright.

everyone i've heard that got a seat concepts loved them, though not everyone is keen on the gripper top. if you slide to adjust your weight on hills, or cornering it hampers that action.
    JerseyJeeper, Ken and Dryden-Tdub like this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by putt-putt View Post
    It feels overly stiff and too wide between my thighs which bunches up my shorts and pants....... The seat seems to be tilted from back to front which only aggrevates the situation! I have never ridden a stock seat so I have nothing to compare the "reupholstered" seat too. I am six feet tall and 170/175 pounds......
    Let me know if you're coming down to Nanaimo. I've got a stock seat on my bike that you're welcome to try.
    John in Nanaimo

2013 TW200 - with Shinko 241 front tire, Rox 2" anti-vibe risers, Polisport Touquet handguards, homemade wind deflector, Manracks utility rack

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links