justice is served
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    so I saw this coming about 75 yards away today so I handled it well, going 35-40 mph, meathead in white suv at stop sign doesn't even look up, pulls out, I swerve & honk, not the last time it will happen for sure.

but THIS time, my thumb isn't even off the horn yet and a police car going the opposite direction has their blues on, squawks a few times & pulls meathead over right away!!!! hahahahaha! just beautiful.
    2012 TW200, 1993 KLR650, 1992 GSX750F

Sure glad you were paying attention. Let hope the "meathead" learned a lesson. Your post is a reminder to us all, thanks. Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

Nice i would of liked to have seen that. We've gotta be careful out there.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Glad you are OK....I ride a road bike (bicycle) and even though I try to avoid the heavier traffic areas it is all about being aware non-stop while out and about.

At least the cop did his job in your incident.

A few days ago I'm sitting at the front on a lane at a red light at a very busy intersection. I'm in the #1 lane with a LA County Sheriffs Deputy right next to in the #2 lane. The opposing traffic was making left-hand turns on a green arrow. Our light then turns green and it's been green for a quarter second and here comes some idiot making a left-hand turn clearly against a red light. Not only did this guy run the red, he was at least 10 mph over the limit. So I'm thinking cool, Mr. Deputy is gonna hit his lights and go nail this guy. The Deputy did nothing. WTF. So I look over at him with my hands out with palms raised and he does nothing except hit the excellerator and continue down the road. Pretty disappointing. Maybe the donuts had just come out the fryer!

blindly pulling out in front of a biker should serve you with much harsher penalties... how about a 1000$ wreckless charge which knocks on quite a few points.

that should wake these phone talking bastards up a little. Or at least make them go broke so they won't even be able to be on the road. Either way, we will all be better off.

STOP AND LOOK!!! It's not hard, and it could save someone's life!
    2008 CRF230L

2006 CBR1000RR

2007 CB919 - 70k Miles and still runs like new!

* 2001 TW200 (Sold after 15k miles of fun)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sol View Post
    blindly pulling out in front of a biker should serve you with much harsher penalties... how about a 1000$ wreckless charge which knocks on quite a few points.

that should wake these phone talking bastards up a little. Or at least make them go broke so they won't even be able to be on the road. Either way, we will all be better off.

STOP AND LOOK!!! It's not hard, and it could save someone's life!
    I agree... i have thought if fines were higher for injuring some one one a motorcyle, then drivers would start to give bikers are larger "zone of safety".

should have a law that before any one can drive a cage, they have to start out on a small motorcycle or scooter, such as our TW200's or Honda Rebel, etc. and no cell phones while driving, ever, metropolitian areas all over the country are choked with cars being driven by inexperianced or careless drivers and causing all kinds of problems. I don't care to go into any large city because of this problem. Many people feel safer by driving a large tank instead of a small car or motorcycle which will get the job done with greater fuel efficency and parking ease at their destination. Some people don't have the slightest idea what operating any equipment is all about, they are probably the same ones that don't know which end of a screwdriver to hold. I would hate to have them out on our trails and back roads.

Good defensive driving and nice to hear about a cop being at the right place at the right time. I lost count long ago of how many cars have pulled out in front of me. I'm still accident free because of riding like I'm invisable.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Man I almost got hit yesterday. I was riding down a busy street and it was one of those busy streets where it's like a small intersection but theres no lights. It's basically a main road and sometimes in the neighborhood you can go across the intersection but have to look left and right.

Anyways, I was riding and this idiot in a pick up truck floors the intersection barely looking left and right and he had a trailer attached to his pick up. So basically right when his car crossed the intersection, his trailer was barely crossing too.

I had to slam my brakes and skidded and literally came 2 feet into hitting his trailer and flipping over.

Only in LA...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links