New T-Dub rider
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New T-Dub rider

First post. A little back story.

Got my first two wheeler at age 8, a 1974 Honda trail fifty. A couple of dirt bikes later I got my first road bike in 1984. About eight bikes later I now have added a TW200. Been riding a touring bike for the last four years mostly longer rides but not as often as I would like.

Wife had a Zuma 125 and I wanted something I could ride with her without getting out a big touring bike. I didn't really want a scooter so started researching small dual sports. Thought when I wasn't riding with my wife I might get back into a little trail riding. Nothing to serious I'm 46 now and don't heal quite as fast as I used to. During my research I found your forum and was introduced to the TW200. Don't know how I missed this little bike all these years. After being convinced this was what I was looking for I started looking for one to see in person. Didn't realize how hard that was going to be. Finally after much searching found a dealer that was getting two in that day. Just wanted to see them, wasn't planning on buying until early next year before riding season. After seeing them my wife decided she wanted to move up from the scooter so we bought both of them and traded her scooter in.

Have had the T- Dubs about a month now and love them. Haven't been able to ride a lot with the short evenings and weather, but have still managed to get about 350 miles on it. That's a decent amount of seat time since it has all been backroads averaging about 25-35 MPH, haven't hit any real trails yet. If your looking for a power house dirt bike or a big adventure bike this is not the bike for you. If your not in a hurry, and just wanting to enjoy a good ride on back road, (dirt, gravel, or asphalt), you can't beat this little bike. I am amazed at how capable it is. I haven't wanted to run it to hard yet but did hit 60mph in a short run down a state road to get to the next side road, and I am 6'2" 215lbs. I am also very impressed with the road handling considering the fat, off road tires. It handles really good for what it is.

I think this may be the most "pure and simple fun" I have had on a motorcycle since the 1974 trail 50 when I was 8. I am loving the back to basics riding and just enjoying the ride and the scenery without being caught up in the need to get somewhere. Can't wait to find some good trails. I will still get the big bike out for most long rides but I think it will sit a lot more now.

Thanks to this forum for helping me find this great little motorcycle.

Hope the long post didn't bore any one to bad.

Welcome! This is a great forum with a lot of great people. It sounds as if you've recognized what a fun little bike the TW is. That was a good move getting one for your wife, also. I look forward to seeing you around.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

Congrats.

A pair of these are probably the best two-wheeled investment that two people of like mind could own.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to the Forum!
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

Welcome. Where ya at?

Ride on Daddy-O

Very good post. Welcome to the both of you.

Welcome come on in an stay awhile.

Welcome and look forward to your ride reports and pics of places you find to ride. Like you and alot of people on this forum, I had never heard of these bikes until saw one on Craigs list.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Thanks for the welcome.

After reading this forum will be adding some farkles. So far just factory rack, rubbermaid action packer, and power outlet for GPS.

Almost forgot to answer? Southern Indiana.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links