I did something stupid.....
Close

Well got a call from an older couple i know that needed help with their new tablet. Hopped on my t-dub and rode over. On the way the bike got all twitchy, about lost control and felt debris "pepper" my left leg. I thought i blew a tire. Almost laid it down in the road. Pulled over to inspect and noticed the tire was fine, but the rear left turn signal was gone. Then i realized what i had done. I left 2 bungees hanging from the signal. I normally use these to strap my gym bag onto the back of the bike. Well one must have gotten caught in the chain/wheel and snapped everything. I felt stupid, guess i am. So does anyone have a turn signal? hahaha

I actually have a single rear turn signal stalk. If you pay shipping (and I can find it) ill send it out to you
    -Szj

2001 TW

your day could have been worse, this guy starts with needing a left saddle bag..... finishes needing a crane.

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/blog/...into+sailboat/
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

One of my best friends set off on a long trip from Idaho to Texas on a GSXR1000. He had a backpack on and after a few hundred miles it started bothering him. He pulled it off and bungee net strapped it to where the back seat would be, he had a solo seat. Going down the highway at night somewhere out side Salt Lake City the pack slid off, wrapped up in the chain and spit him off at over 70mph. Nobody was around him when it happened and he and the bike slid so far off the road no one knew he was lying in the brush with a broken back. He listened to traffic go by for over two days crying for help, in an out of consciousness, until someone spotted what was left of his bike and stopped and found him. He is lucky to be walking. If it is not designed specifically to go on your bike, think twice and then think again before adding something seemingly simple to the bike. Try to envision all the ways it could potentially go wrong and mitigate the risk. Be careful out there everyone.
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

My wife tells me thinking is not my strong so dont feel to bad.As long as your ok an learnd something from it.

Oh, we all have our "moments". We try to keep them to a minimum, of course, but it is certainly true that stuff happens. Glad you're OK, and nothing worse happened to your bike. I highly recommend Cycleracks. When I secure something to mine it stays put and is out of the way.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

I second the cycleracks. Back when I was a young pup I "secured" a sleeping bag on the back of my KE125 enduro and was riding over to a friends house for a sleep over when while going about 60mph I felt my bike slowing down rapidly. Before I could pull over the rear wheel had locked up but managed to control bike to side of road. Yep, The sleeping bag had made its way down to chain and got wrapped up. Then I was pissed I couldn't easily get it out and burned the inside of my bicep on the exhaust pipe. Took years for the scar to fade and was a good reminder for me to properly secure items and spend time going over bike before riding.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Every time I do something really stupid I tell anyone that will listen that if I really believed this was the last stupid thing I would ever do I would throw a party.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

last week, i bungied my lunch bag to the back of the bike.... needless to say it didn't stay secured and i noticed it when my apple went rolling past me at a stop light. when i pulled the bag off it had burn marks on it from rubbing the muffler and tire. luckily no damage to me, but i felt dumb, and i now have a cyclerack on order.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Sponosred Links