GoPro video of night ride in Hong Kong.
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5AuT_LV-58[/media]

The full ride was 25 minutes, it's played back at 600% and lasts just under 4 minutes. I travel from the Kowloon side (mainland) to the island of Hong Kong, crossing then underwater Cross Harbour Tunnel, one of the most congested roadways in the world.

This is the common commute for me on my TW - it shows the benefit of riding a bike in HK - traffic can back up for miles so having the ability to weave to the front gets me from A-B a lot quicker. This is also the reason I went with a smaller handler bar on my build.

Hope you like!

I have to admit, I'm glad I don't have to comute in a congested metro area such as yourself. But if I did, a TW looks like a good choice. Couldn't quite tell by the video, but do you get to drive through stopped or stalled traffic (lane splitting)? If so, that makes the TW or other small motorcycles an even better choice.

Thanks for sharing
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Yeah! Lane Splitting is Key here, the video ran at 600% speed, but from 1:15-2:15 i'm basically running through stopped / slow moving traffic... I'm going to grab a friends go pro and try to link two up next time to give you a good view of what i go though...

thanks for the comment.

Nerk

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

like the music m8! you could jus do the same trip again - and then cut between the 2 days run ( your commute? ) or maybe if u shot it 4 days running? 1 forward facing. 1 rear facing.. one mounted low to your front fork or something. and one helmet mounted so you get some movement rather than fixed perspective.

600% speed is cool actually!

ps love the helmet.. what is it?

pps - I do the same lane splitting thing on my hornet! the TW is better if it gets really tight tho.. jus for salaaming between stationary cars! motorbike is the best way to get around HK - as long as u dont mind the summer sweats!

BTW if u see an orange TW going the other way give my missus a wave - she likes seeing other TW's on the road!
    2001 TW200 - supertrapp stubby exhaust

1996 CRM 250 - 2 smoker - FMF exhaust

1998 Honda CB600 Hornet - ( a.k.a Honda 599 ) - micron , ohlins rear - CB600F3 front forks..

Hey Dub,

It's a Fly Trekker. I ordered it through an American company I found on e-bay. I had also purchased my last helmet from them - They always give me the lowest pricing around.

Helmet is great, a few other Forum Bro's have one as well.. a little bit big and bulky, but it works for me.

Nerk

he may have a point! more cam angles would be better!

here'a a vid I made a few weeks ago.. I only fall off 3 times in the video best one is 3 min 40 ish - where my "friend" T bones me pushing me down a pretty steep slope!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFAUoh1zfgI[/media]

I got some nice footage of riding to Shek o - thats a great road.. I guess people like to see more of HK,,
    2001 TW200 - supertrapp stubby exhaust

1996 CRM 250 - 2 smoker - FMF exhaust

1998 Honda CB600 Hornet - ( a.k.a Honda 599 ) - micron , ohlins rear - CB600F3 front forks..

RTG
    Fun!

Thanks for sharing!
    "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a motorcycle"

Quote Originally Posted by Kwizard
    OK; I hate to be the nay sayer here; but the truth is(IMHO) that your vid is boring and self centered, and lacks real content. It's all about you. That's fine; I guess, but a single still shot would have sufficed. I think most here would have liked the vid much, much more if the camera was pointed in the opposite direction.

Kwizard, thanks for your feedback, why don't you tell me how you really feel.. The video was made on a whim and was the first time I hooked up the GoPro.. all for fun.. Self centered!? woah that's the last thing I expected someone to take from the video.

I think the medium setting for the GoPro might get rid of some of that fish eye view.

Uwdlk2no
    2013 TW200

2003 TW200 (Wife's Bike)

2013 Ultra Classic Limited

2008 Street Glide

Not to worry i dont take offence so easily, I see you updated your "self centered" forum profile picture, great!... The idea was to show people the lane splitting near the tunnel.. anyways, I'll live!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links