TW200 signting near Summit, IL
Close

Good morning all. I was riding to work (on the Honda) and spotted a TW near Summit, IL on Archer Ave. near 63rd street, and I was wondering if it belonged to someone here. As I was sitting, waiting for the light to turn green, I heard that familiar TW sound, and looked over to see a modded TW in what I think was black, mostly, but since the rider was moving and I was not, I couldn't get that good of a look at it to be sure it was all black. I mostly got a shot of the rear of it. Anyhow, if someone here is the owner of that bike, can you post pictures? It looks like you did a lot of work to it, and since all I got of it was a glimpse, I would love to see a couple shots of the bike.

I kind of wish I was riding the TW this morning so maybe I would have been spotted as well and maybe we could have pulled over, and spoken with each other. I was actually going to ride the TW, but I need to tighten up the chain on it, and I just plain forgot to do it over the weekend. I have seen many posts on the forum of chains falling off of the sprockets, and didn't want that to happen, so I figured it was safer riding the Honda this morning until I can get off of my lazy butt to do what I need to do.

Dan
    2009 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha Virago 1100

PM is good stuff but don't overemphasize the chain adjustment. I'd say more chains fail from being too tight than from being too loose. A chain that is tight will wear faster. A chain that is too loose may be more likely to be flipped off the sprocket by a stick or debris, but there is in my view lots of room for a bit of slack within the manuals recommendations for chain slack. Keep it lubed and check it often but adjust only when needed. Tom
    Tom - TW200 2002, Kawasaki VN 500 2006

Hidden Content

Central New Mexico

Hey Tom, thanks. I read the owner's manual a couple of times, and there is definitely much more slack in that chain than mentioned in the book, and the last time I rode it, there was some uneasy feeling I was getting from back there that made me realize that the chain was too loose for comfort. Maybe I'm over-thinking it all, but better to be safe than sorry, I figured.

Dan

P.S. Cool snake. I first thought that was a worm and you were going to use it for some fishing
    2009 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha Virago 1100

Sponosred Links