Holiday deals
Close
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holiday deals

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    Anybody know of any good holiday specials or deals on TW coveted accessories or related stuff? Racks, skid plates, tires, etc.

I found a Cabela's late fall catalog from my stack with the Coleman seat cushion for $9.99...Use Catalog #21S-52-4626. I used it tonight.

There is some other good stuff on that page too. I'll post some pics, but if you can't read it well let me know and I'll type out items of interest.

- Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-55 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114 folding shifter

www.PowerSportsPlus.com has $5 off orders over $50, and free shipping on orders over $149.

Hey, thanks!

Here's a pic of the $10.99 camo tank bags that were in that Cabela's ad you posted. They're made from pretty heavy waterproof material. I get free shipping from them so that helped. I think they'll be handy to just throw on the bike when I need them....well worth it. The water bottle holders just snap off. They're made nice but I don't like dangly things around me so they'll go somewhere else. I got the black tank bag in the ad too.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Tirebiter View Post
    Hey, thanks!

Here's a pic of the $10.99 camo tank bags that were in that Cabela's ad you posted. They're made from pretty heavy waterproof material. I get free shipping from them so that helped. I think they'll be handy to just throw on the bike when I need them....well worth it. The water bottle holders just snap off. They're made nice but I don't like dangly things around me so they'll go somewhere else. I got the black tank bag in the ad too.

Bags look good for $10.99. Have you tried them out on a ride yet? I just wondered if there was any interference when the bars are turned all the way to the left or right? Also wondered if they stay on OK at highway speeds (well, as close as a TW can get to highway speed)?

Thanks

Another holiday deal: I ordered some tie-downs from Motorcyle Superstore last week. They are/were having free shipping on most items.

Quote Originally Posted by Old White Truck View Post
    Bags look good for $10.99. Have you tried them out on a ride yet? I just wondered if there was any interference when the bars are turned all the way to the left or right? Also wondered if they stay on OK at highway speeds (well, as close as a TW can get to highway speed)?

Thanks
    I put some empty cardboard boxes in them to "fill" them and there's no interference with the bars. Each bag has a 2"x6" velcro patch on the back and a mating piece with a sticky side to attach to your tank if you wanted to run these all the time. I don't, so I added a velcro strap from bag to bag under the gas tank to keep them tight against the tank. I did a road test and they are real stable up to 55 mph. It started raining so I cut my test ride short. I'm sure they'd be secure enough for most any trail riding. With the bottle holders off there isn't any leg interference. With them on there is a little but not bad.

I've been watching for some tank bags for cheap and there are quite a few places selling similar styles. These fit my budget but I'm sure other brands fit about the same.

Here's a pic in case my description was hard to follow.

I put some empty cardboard boxes in them to "fill" them and there's no interference with the bars. Each bag has a 2"x6" velcro patch on the back and a mating piece with a sticky side to attach to your tank if you wanted to run these all the time. I don't, so I added a velcro strap from bag to bag under the gas tank to keep them tight against the tank. I did a road test and they are real stable up to 55 mph. It started raining so I cut my test ride short. I'm sure they'd be secure enough for most any trail riding. With the bottle holders off there isn't any leg interference. With them on there is a little but not bad.

I've been watching for some tank bags for cheap and there are quite a few places selling similar styles. These fit my budget but I'm sure other brands fit about the same.

Here's a pic in case my description was hard to follow.

Thanks for the info Tirebiter. Were those "E" or "F" in lrppcer's catalog page?

Thanks for the info Tirebiter. Were those "E" or "F" in lrppcer's catalog page?
    Actually I started out looking at "E" but ended up getting item #IK-521864 because it was on sale too and the bags are a little bigger.

Shipping might kill the deal unless you can ship free to a store near you, or if you have a Cabela's Visa the shipping is free.

*Edit* I forgot to say..... I did get a set of the "E" bags in black too. They're ok and will serve a purpose but the camo one's I showed suit me better.

Quote Originally Posted by lrppcer View Post
    I found a Cabela's late fall catalog from my stack with the Coleman seat cushion for $9.99...Use Catalog #21S-52-4626. I used it tonight.

There is some other good stuff on that page too.
    Here's a pic of the $10.99 camo tank bags that were in that Cabela's ad you posted. They're made from pretty heavy waterproof material. I get free shipping from them so that helped. I think they'll be handy to just throw on the bike when I need them....well worth it. The water bottle holders just snap off. They're made nice but I don't like dangly things around me so they'll go somewhere else.

Lcrppcer – thank you for posting this. I just ordered the seat cushion.

Tirebiter – thank you for posting the #IK-521864 tank bag info – I just ordered one of those also.

I received a $25 Cabela’s gift card LAST Christmas and it has been burning a hole in my pocket ever since. I was able to buy both of the above. Shipping was $5.95

Thanks guys.

(I agree with you Tirebiter – the water bottle holders will have to go elsewhere. However, $10.99 for a waterproof trail bag that can be quickly thrown on seems like a pretty good deal.)

Merry Christmas.

Lcrppcer – thank you for posting this. I just ordered the seat cushion.

Tirebiter – thank you for posting the #IK-521864 tank bag info – I just ordered one of those also.

I received a $25 Cabela’s gift card LAST Christmas and it has been burning a hole in my pocket ever since. I was able to buy both of the above. Shipping was $5.95

Thanks guys.

(I agree with you Tirebiter – the water bottle holders will have to go elsewhere. However, $10.99 for a waterproof trail bag that can be quickly thrown on seems like a pretty good deal.)

Merry Christmas.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links