winterizing ?
Close

Thread: winterizing ?

Up hea in NH'a. sorry that was bad. any way, I'm using one of those Quonset garage's hoop and cover to store the bike this winter. Pug exhaust so no critters make a home, run the carb dry? full tank of fuel (with some form of gas treatment) to cut down on condensation? Start it every couple weeks? just trying to cut down work in the spring...

Any Ideas are Very welcome!

Thanks!

Boz

Oops , so I found my answers with one search. thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by bozofs View Post
    Up hea in NH'a. sorry that was bad. any way, I'm using one of those Quonset garage's hoop and cover to store the bike this winter. Pug exhaust so no critters make a home, run the carb dry? full tank of fuel (with some form of gas treatment) to cut down on condensation? Start it every couple weeks? just trying to cut down work in the spring...

Any Ideas are Very welcome!

Thanks!

Boz

All of the above with the exception of starting it every couple of weeks. If you can't run it hard and long enough to get everything up to operating temp, all you are doing is putting additional moisture into the engine. Better to squirt a teaspoon or two of 30 wt. oil into the spark plug hole, turn it over once, put the plug back in, and leave it until spring.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Crawfordville. FL, (south of Tallahassee), on the beach
    Don't forget the battery tender or to charge it up once a month or so.

Some snap type mouse traps. The TW's are great mouse habitat......unless you have the more appealing sno-mobile mouse habitat to lure them away.
    "It's more fun going fast on a slow bike than going slow on a fast bike" UK

1994 TW200, 2009 F800GS loaded,

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    Some snap type mouse traps. The TW's are great mouse habitat......unless you have the more appealing sno-mobile mouse habitat to lure them away.
    X 2 on the famous snowmobile homes for mice..I own 3 of them..... OMM.

i love the idea of having access to my tdub all winter but here in wisconsin it doesnt pay but thats why we have snowmobiles i have 3x and space is to limited to keep a bike out for the few days i could ride doesnt make sense. i wish i could take fingwing and mr gizmo for a snowmobile ride here in wisconsin and show them a white wisconsin winter wonder land let me know if you guys r up for that . ill provide the sleds.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    All of the above with the exception of starting it every couple of weeks. If you can't run it hard and long enough to get everything up to operating temp, all you are doing is putting additional moisture into the engine. Better to squirt a teaspoon or two of 30 wt. oil into the spark plug hole, turn it over once, put the plug back in, and leave it until spring.

Quote Originally Posted by mrlmd View Post
    Don't forget the battery tender or to charge it up once a month or so.

^^^what they said...i like seafoam gas treatment...make sure to pull the battery and put it on a tender somewhere somewhat warm (i.e. don't charge it or leave it outside)...and put it on a stand or milk crate to avoid flat spots in the tires...or just roll it a few inches every once in a while depending what type of surface the tires are sitting on

Move further south!
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

So, I believe there is a difference between Storage Winterizing and Riding Winterizing

Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Sponosred Links