HELLO! TW's Rule...
Close

Junior Member WestVirginiaTW200's Avatar

HELLO! TW's Rule...

I've been lurking for awhile, but have found SO MUCH useful information on this site I had to become a member. I have a 2013 TW that I picked up with 251 miles on it for $2,500. I'm in the depths of throwing on some basic mods (Pro Taper Handle bars, Seat Concepts seat, rear rack, DG v2 exhaust) and diving into the whole rejetting/ needle shimming adventure and tuning the values etc. I finally made it past the 600 mile break in mark (I've had it about a month and put 800+ (gravel forest service roads) miles on it. In short I love the TW. In long I really, really, really, really, really, really,really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, LOVE the TW. It is perfect for where I live (the highest mountain in WV.) The place I work for rents out guest yurts (I'll give you the VIP treatment) and we border a million acres of National Forest with hundreds of miles of that gravel goodness so if you want to plan a ride here in the mountains send me a message!

Congrats and the new ride and welcome to the forum from Eastern Canada! I may take you up on the come and visit offer one of these days!
    Hidden Content Sold...Oct 2018......'01 F650GS

Sounds good Miaugi!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Just me, but i'd keep the stock pipe. Not much gained there.
    Instead, upgrade front tire if its stock, to a shinko 241. Probably ditch stock skid plate too.
    Larger footpegs are another good upgrade.
    I upgraded my stock headlight bulb to a 30 watt led. That made enough room for me to mount 2 10watt led pods. Headlight was brighter and i got even more light from the pods.
    Windscreen is nice too.

Welcome,
    Your a very fortunate person!
    Getting a 2013 TW with only 251 miles for $2,500, wow,wow,wow,wow.
    Home sounds like TW heaven.
    You'll never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office!

Theirs a ass for every seat!

Big Welcome! Yurt plus TW riding sounds like a great combination! Could be basis for more east coast group riding events.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Me and a bunch of guys were just down there and plan on going back soon, as soon as possible in fact. We were just in MD this weekend right by PawPaw. It would be great to ride with you and a yurt sounds much better than a tent! Welcome to the board! My name is Scott. Keep a look out for TopPreditor and The rest of us East Coast TDubbers.. the wheelie king etc.

Can you post a link to where you work? Would love to check it out.

JJ

Quote Originally Posted by WestVirginiaTW200 View Post
    I've been lurking for awhile, but have found SO MUCH useful information on this site I had to become a member. I have a 2013 TW that I picked up with 251 miles on it for $2,500. I'm in the depths of throwing on some basic mods (Pro Taper Handle bars, Seat Concepts seat, rear rack, DG v2 exhaust) and diving into the whole rejetting/ needle shimming adventure and tuning the values etc. I finally made it past the 600 mile break in mark (I've had it about a month and put 800+ (gravel forest service roads) miles on it. In short I love the TW. In long I really, really, really, really, really, really,really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, LOVE the TW. It is perfect for where I live (the highest mountain in WV.) The place I work for rents out guest yurts (I'll give you the VIP treatment) and we border a million acres of National Forest with hundreds of miles of that gravel goodness so if you want to plan a ride here in the mountains send me a message!
    Husqvarna TE300i Fuel Injected 2-Stroke 2019
    Yamaha XT225 - 1999 Serow
    Yamaha TW200Z - 2010
    Yamaha BW200 Electric Start! - 1986
    Yamaha TTR225R - 2003
    Husqvarna 701 Enduro - 2017
    Kawasaki Prairie 650 - 2002

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJeeper View Post
    Me and a bunch of guys were just down there and plan on going back soon, as soon as possible in fact. We were just in MD this weekend right by PawPaw. It would be great to ride with you and a yurt sounds much better than a tent! Welcome to the board! My name is Scott. Keep a look out for TopPreditor and The rest of us East Coast TDubbers.. the wheelie king etc.

Can you post a link to where you work? Would love to check it out.

JJ
    I don't think I'm allowed to post a link yet since I'm a new member, but the name of the place I work for is Experience Learning and if you google it you can find us. We mainly do outdoor education for schools and run summer camps etc., but we rent out our facilities for every kind of event imaginable. I've been talking with some local dual sporters and we have been toying with the idea of doing a big dual sport rendezvous here.

Welcome to the forum from WI
    01 SOLD
    96 SOLD
    89 restored SOLD
    89 (restoration in process)
    05 (restoration in process)
    03 SOLD
    04 in great condition

Quote Originally Posted by WestVirginiaTW200 View Post
    I don't think I'm allowed to post a link yet since I'm a new member, but the name of the place I work for is Experience Learning and if you google it you can find us. We mainly do outdoor education for schools and run summer camps etc., but we rent out our facilities for every kind of event imaginable. I've been talking with some local dual sporters and we have been toying with the idea of doing a big dual sport rendezvous here.
    Very cool.. Very interested! Thanks!
    Husqvarna TE300i Fuel Injected 2-Stroke 2019
    Yamaha XT225 - 1999 Serow
    Yamaha TW200Z - 2010
    Yamaha BW200 Electric Start! - 1986
    Yamaha TTR225R - 2003
    Husqvarna 701 Enduro - 2017
    Kawasaki Prairie 650 - 2002

Sponosred Links