Another new member
Close

Hey all I just wanted to say hi as I may have a few questions about the TW. I have been riding for 30+ years and mostly ride trails / dual sport stuff but just picked up a 95 TW for my wife. I bought her a TTR 125 2 months ago not thinking she would take to it but she learned pretty quick and now loves riding. It is too small for her but it was bought with the intent on teaching her how to ride. I have always liked the look and idea of the TW so started looking around and found what I thought was a pretty good deal on a 95 "ranch bike" with only 1890 miles. It started right up and rode pretty good but wasn't pretty to look at. I bought the bike and started the shopping spree to get it sorted out. I tore into it and ended up replacing wheel bearings, front and rear brake pads, chain / sprockets, took the carb apart just because and cleaned it up, stripped the rattle can black paint off the tank and blue plastics, mounted up SM front fender, recovered the seat and am now waiting on new bars. I must say it cleaned up well. I am planning a more extensive tear down once back from a planned trip we have at the end of the year. Here are a few pics.

As it looked when I brought it home.

Cleaning and sorting...

Easy off on the plastics...

I did find a set of white plastics on here already so the blue is on a shelf.

I just rattle can sprayed the tank white for now. Not sure which direction to go with it yet. Here it is nearly done.

Theres an annoying vibrating rattle at ~ 2000 RPM's I cant pin point. It sounds like its coming form the exhaust somewhere. I ordered up a few exhaust gaskets to see if that sorts it out. I still have some carb tuning to do but its up and running and looks way better.

Cheers...Jeff

welcome to the addiction jeff...looks great!

Looks like the clean-up went well. The new paint makes the bike look almost new. Suspect you and the Wife will have a great time when things warm up and dry out. Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Howdy, and nice work. You might as well sell that 125. You're going to need the money for upgrading the TW.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwizard View Post
    Howdy, and nice work. You might as well sell that 125. You're going to need the money for upgrading the TW.

Ha ha! You nailed it Kwizard! Welcome! Enjoy!

You've got a friend in the Bracket Business! Hidden Content

Get your TW200 Parts at ProCycle! Hidden Content

hey jeff,

the new plastic look really good, you've done a great job. enjoy that baby!

by the way, if you put a bigger tank on it, i have matching the pre-trimmed side panels for you.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

RTG
    Welcome to the club!

Look out the "little" TW can become quite a "BIG" addiction.
    "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a motorcycle"

Welcome Jeff good to have you!

Ronnydog

Welcome

Thanks everyone... I will have a better idea of what it can do when we get out to Big Bend in a few weeks. I'm taking my other bikes but plan on getting some time in on the TW because so far I have found it pretty fun to ride.

And yes, the 125 is going to be sold.

Cheers... Jeff

Sponosred Links