Click, click, CLICK, CLICK, CLUCK.
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Click, click, CLICK, CLICK, CLUCK.

Click, click, CLICK, CLICK, CLUCK.

I down shift coming to a stoplight. I'm planning on entering the freeway and exiting at the next off ramp, about a mile. Maximum speed limit is 70mph and all trucks with trailers is 55mph. The TW is legal on the freeway, just barely. I enter the freeway and I'm going 60 mph. I can't go 55 mph. Believe me when I say I've tried, just can't do 55. No one else can either, honestly can you? I take the bike up to sixty mph, everything is cool. I twist the throttle some more, one of my most favorite things to do in the whole wide world. Then it happened! For a split second, I thought I was never going to tease Joemama again. The front wheel started VIOLENTLY SHAKING BACK AND FORTH, BACK AND FORTH!!!! I immediately released the throttle thinking at what speed would a motorcyclist stop rolling and start sliding. Luckily, the bike immediately started behaving itself and I exited the freeway at 55mph. Seems I can go 55mph after all. My heart is beating, no doubt about that. Oh ya, breath Dan. That's what your forgetting to do. Breath in, breath out. I thought I was a goner. Thank you LittleTommy for praying for us. The bike is performing fine now. I pull into my garage and check the air pressure and it reads, 6 psi. Perfect for slick rock! Dirts a Flyen SanDue
    Rhodetrip, bad luck, Donzo and 7 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SanDue View Post
    I down shift coming to a stoplight. I'm planning on entering the freeway and exiting at the next off ramp, about a mile. Maximum speed limit is 70mph and all trucks with trailers is 55mph. The TW is legal on the freeway, just barely. I enter the freeway and I'm going 60 mph. I can't go 55 mph. Believe me when I say I've tried, just can't do 55. No one else can either, honestly can you? I take the bike up to sixty mph, everything is cool. I twist the throttle some more, one of my most favorite things to do in the whole wide world. Then it happened! For a split second, I thought I was never going to tease Joemama again. The front wheel started VIOLENTLY SHAKING BACK AND FORTH, BACK AND FORTH!!!! I immediately released the throttle thinking at what speed would a motorcyclist stop rolling and start sliding. Luckily, the bike immediately started behaving itself and I exited the freeway at 55mph. Seems I can go 55mph after all. My heart is beating, no doubt about that. Oh ya, breath Dan. That's what your forgetting to do. Breath in, breath out. I thought I was a goner. Thank you LittleTommy for praying for us. The bike is performing fine now. I pull into my garage and check the air pressure and it reads, 6 psi. Perfect for slick rock! Dirts a Flyen SanDue
    Glad it worked out! Anything heavy strapped behind you?

Mines been steady as a rock even at top speed 70+/-. I'm still on stock front.
    admiral and SanDue like this.
    Jeff
    2009 Yamaha TW200
    2005 Suzuki DR650
    2003 Honda CBR600RR - Race/Track bike
    1985 Honda 250ES Big Red

Oops! Just saw the 6psi! EEEK!!!
    SanDue likes this.
    Jeff
    2009 Yamaha TW200
    2005 Suzuki DR650
    2003 Honda CBR600RR - Race/Track bike
    1985 Honda 250ES Big Red

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Pre-Flight...Pre-Flight...Pre-Flight!!!!!
    TopPredator and jtstdub like this.

That was a close call. 6 psi, that was like 41 kpa in Canadian I think.

jenkinssafe.jpg Attachment 182864 08-close-calls.jpgwhew-cat.jpg
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

I want to know what the hell you're doin' gettin' on the freeway without your wing-woman to advise it's all clear! Isn't that your blind side you're pullin' out into. Hee, hee.

Guess your new nick-name is WEEBLES. Because weebles wobble, but they don't fall down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by old w/??; 08-03-2018 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SanDue View Post
    The short wheel base that makes the TW handle well off-road isn't designed for high speed. Speed wobbles can be terrifying,
    if that's what was happening. Low tire pressure doesn't help!
    admiral, Darth, Miaugi and 1 others like this.
    You'll never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office!

Theirs a ass for every seat!

Glad you made the highway mile OK Dan. I've never felt comfortable lower that 16psi....on any surface! That pressure (6psi) at highway speeds you would have major "ballooning". Impressed it did as well as it did...Keep the prayers coming LT!
    littletommy and SanDue like this.

There’s a few things one should do before ya ride. But if I was to only do one. It’s Thump the tires . Kickm, slapm, push onm, pickup a rock and wackm. It’s the One thing if the only thing to to before take off. Or you can get Bucked Off. Most the time first though is gas. Ever try and push a bike full of gas with a flat tire? It’s the One thing. THUMP THE TIRES.
    SanDue likes this.

Join the club Dan - the "we don't need no steenking air in our tires" club that is

Glad you made it OK - tank slappers can be a bitch ........
    Miaugi and SanDue like this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links