Finally Found My Rainbow (Warrior) Pot -O- Gold
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Finally Found My Rainbow (Warrior) Pot -O- Gold

Finally Found My Rainbow (Warrior) Pot -O- Gold

I saw a CL post for a nice looking 1995 TW with "low hours" and "3 low miles" so I figured they meant 3000 miles when it didn't sell fast I shot them an email and they said it in fact has 3 actual miles so I set out from Central AZ to Apple Valley CA to check it out

After a week on CL at $2600 (the tag on the handlebar said $2500) I emailed the mom and pop bike shop and they said it's $2500 out the door for an out of state buyer, no BS dealer scam fees, no sales tax etc

I spoke with the shop mechanic and he said it came in with 2.8 miles and they refreshed the OEM fuel system ad the original tank and carb were rust free 100%
    SAM_0749.JPGSAM_0758.JPGSAM_0752.JPGSAM_0753.JPGSAM_0760.JPGSAM_0761.JPGSAM_0762.JPG

Apparently it was purchased new and parked in the back of a garage where it got buried until this last month when a divorce forced the sale if the entire estate

It has a clear clean CA title signed and not dated etc - often these oldies are still on the MSO paper and Arizona doesn't take those unless you are the name on the MSO

I arrived this morning to see the TW sitting out front old school bike shop style and it was shockingly pristine I have found no flaws of any kind yet!

The owners of the shop were somewhat disgusted at the CL offers that they had raised the price tag to $3500 but they honored the $2500 they had quoted me and were super nice and easy to deal with

I realize $2500 still isn't "cheap" for a pre 2000 TW but I figure where am I gonna find another one like this and how far away will it be and will the price be any cheaper??

There was a pristine 87 in Toronto listed on Kiiji in the same price range but it sold fast before I could get a call in on it, the 87 also had no title and was in Canada so I doubt I could have got it over the border regardless

The lowest mile TW I ever had was a 2015 with 4 miles on it and in pre 2000 TW's the lowest miler I had was 58 miles on a 1993

This 1995 is also a CA model and they kept it licensed and registered right up until today so it could still be registered in Cali which is a huge part of the TW market

BTW they have another 2006 TW you might see in the background with 6800 miles not bad but scratched up a bit and they want $3200
    Last edited by PlacerLode; 08-18-2018 at 12:09 AM.
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

Hidden Content

Good find and cool story! Is that your Prius hauler setup? Cheers
    PlacerLode likes this.
    01 SOLD
    96 SOLD
    89 restored SOLD
    89 (restoration in process)
    05 (restoration in process)
    03 10K miles, decent condition
    04 in great condition

Congrats on a great find and catch!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerflorida View Post
    Good find and cool story! Is that your Prius hauler setup? Cheers
    I love the Prius fetch vehicle for long trips for one bike I can sleep in the back comfortably and I have heat and AC climate control and I can cruise at 80mph with ease. The Kendon Stand-Up trailer is very low to the ground and tracks like it's on rails and the Prious is upgraded with HD springs and Anti-Sway bars. In pinch I could squeeze 2 TW's on the single trailer but I usually just have some extra parts like Honda generators and electric trailer movers strapped to the trailer deck on long trips.

I'll probably use the Prius on a run back east to NY state in the near future
    Badgerflorida and Peterb like this.

Hidden Content

You gonna practice "catch and release" on that Rainbow Twout? I had that many miles put on my '15 in 23 minutes. I can't hardly fathom 23 years with those low miles.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Funny I rarely buy with the intention of reselling I'm like a kid at Christmas when it comes to TW's I buy all of them for "me" lol then realty sets in and I see my credit card bills and things have to get sold. I'll probably keep this one in the collection long term I don't have plans to ride it I'll clean out the fuel system and seafoam it for storage. I have a buddy who uses diesel oil for storage but the smell would gag me as I store my stuff in my home not just in the garage.

Everything has a price though and if the right buyer had a sentimental attachment to this particular year I'd certainly be negotiable

About the only thing I love more than TW's are HK and Sig 80's and 90 firearms so I would have to consider Squeezecocker trades
    IMG_0316.jpg

Hidden Content

Amazing find.
    PlacerLode likes this.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

"I thought the slowest bike i have ever owned was going to kill me." - Hidden Content

The John Birch Society is too Liberal.

S52
    Wow! what a find.

With that low mileage I think I would feel bad riding it. Seems like it ought to be in a motorcycle museum!
    PlacerLode likes this.
    1999 Yamaha TW-200
    1975 Honda Trail 90

Quote Originally Posted by S52 View Post
    Wow! what a find.

With that low mileage I think I would feel bad riding it. Seems like it ought to be in a motorcycle museum!
    Yes so true it would be a big decision for me to decide to make it a rider although I could argue what a fantastic TW this would be to enjoy for many years and explore all the backroads of life like many of our fellow forum guys and gals do

For now it will sit inside out of the hot sun and rain and I'll get a little grin every time my eyes land on it but I would like to see it riding again with somebody who appreciates it like we do

heres the pics from the original CL ad
    00y0y_jEjRx5Uri70_1200x900.jpg01111_6RQ1ZhOKRHD_1200x900.jpg01717_fVR97GndhVK_1200x900.jpg
    Last edited by PlacerLode; 08-20-2018 at 06:57 PM.

Hidden Content

Damn, boys...they're not shrines, they're motorcycles.
    Ride the wheels off that fine little bike!
    Dryden-Tdub, Ken, Peterb and 2 others like this.
    "Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."
    - Hunter S. Thompson

“It’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"The less horsepower a motorcycle has, the more it can teach you.” - Ben Bostrom

And though a mountain may rise up and smack the livin' shit outta me,
    and wad up my bike somethin' awful...
    Still, I rise!
    (With apologies to Maya Angelou)

"Give a Damn"
    - C. M. Howe, Jr.

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links