Last day riding a tw 200 :(
Close

Today is my last day riding my baby

I got a call from my local dealership and my dream bike has finally arrived.

Been riding my baby for about 6 months now and tomorrow I will be upgrading to a 2013 r6.

It's been a blast meeting you guys over this forum!

good luck...they are great bikes but you'll be back someday...personally i would keep the TW and go used on the sportbike cause you'll probably drop it at some point...i previously had 2 600rr's (03 then 05 both of which i bought new and looking back i wouldn't have but they had just come out in 2003 ) which were fun for a while but they were heavy and not all that nimble...which is why i sold my last cbr and picked up the TW and my sumo bike...both are so much more fun to ride than my cbr...you may find it's more fun to ride a slower/lighter bike fast than a faster/heavier bike slow...the horsepower to weight ratio of my sumo bike vs my old cbr weren't far from each other either...just my opinion, either way i'd love to see your new ride

I know exactly what you mean. I have a 2004 cbr 600rr on the side and switching every other day to my tw200 is a big difference. I must say I have more fun with my tw200 due to the lightness and the nimbleness. The sad thing is, that I'm financing this tw200. So I had no intentions of keeping it. (I knew I was going to trade it in for a newer bike the day i signed the papers)

Also, for my age (20) I kind of like the speed and thrill. Plus I'm restricted on the things I love doing on my tw 200 like: going on freeways, canyonying (at nice speeds) etc etc.

My cbr is just a little outdated so the 2013 r6 is just ideal for me. As far as the dropping, I hope it never happens, but it's inevitable. I hope my after market sliders and cages take all the damage

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by osheen View Post
    I know exactly what you mean. I have a 2004 cbr 600rr on the side and switching every other day to my tw200 is a big difference. I must say I have more fun with my tw200 due to the lightness and the nimbleness. The sad thing is, that I'm financing this tw200. So I had no intentions of keeping it. (I knew I was going to trade it in for a newer bike the day i signed the papers)

Also, for my age (20) I kind of like the speed and thrill. Plus I'm restricted on the things I love doing on my tw 200 like: going on freeways, canyonying (at nice speeds) etc etc.

My cbr is just a little outdated so the 2013 r6 is just ideal for me. As far as the dropping, I hope it never happens, but it's inevitable. I hope my after market sliders and cages take all the damage

i agree if you're commuting/riding on highways a lot a bigger bike is a must...def better that you're going from a sportbike to another sportbike though...makes it easier to justify a brand new bike...i've wrecked and it sucks so wear your gear and have a blast!

check out these guys for sliders...best design i've seen...i had them on my 05...

http://www.woodcraft-cfm.com/cgi-bin...&category=OO13

if i was going to go back to streetbikes i would be looking at a ktm duke 690...i hate clipons now...i want a full handlebar and a little more upright seating position

yupp

And I usually get my parts from www.surfsidemoto.com.

Imma go out for a ride now and enjoy my last day, probably going to return home with a ticket lol

Good luck, Osheen... You should post a pic of your new bike when you get it.

Adios amigo. Via con Dios.

Sponosred Links