What would you choose?
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: What would you choose?

What would you choose?

I am looking to get a TW200. I used to have an XT600 a ways back. I have found that I could get a new 2016, 2017 or 2018 with 0 miles all banging in at around the full price of $3995 to $4500+. I like the blue and white 2016/2017 models. The new 2018/2019 are OK. Is there any big difference in the 2016 model compared to the new ones? Would I be better off just getting a brand new 2018 model? Is there anything I should worry about by getting a 2016 or 2017?
    Thanks

It is a know fact that the blue/white TW's are the fastest TW's ever produced. Blue/white are possibly the lower priced one also. A tough decision.

The only thing I would worry about is paying more for a newer one. Make your best low mile deal and enjoy.
    Donzo likes this.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Hi Jeephead,

Welcome to the forum! There is no difference between the 2016, 2017 and 2018/2019 TW's except for the color schemes. The prices that you quote seem pretty low, so make sure that you are comparing the full "out the door" prices. There is no real downside to getting an older 2016 or 2017 if you like the colors, plus you may be able to negotiate a better price to save a few dollars for the usual farkles that most TW owners want.

Best of luck,

Brian

I like the Blue and White color scheme as well but I would be sure to add a little Red on the bike just because. As far as prices go, there is absolutely no difference in either of those year bikes except for the model year and color, with that said they should all be very close in price OTD with the only exception that the older model year left overs should be a little less while the current model year a little more but not by that much. I would say about $400 less for the 2016, $200 less for the 2017 than the current model year.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Wait a minute!!! Didn't they change to a new rear shock in one of those years???? And has anyone determined if the old or new style would be preferred in one environment or the other (street vs off-road)?
    Purple likes this.

Welcome to the forum and best of luck finding the best deal on a TW! Certainly the best price should be on the oldest model. brand new or not. Where I live winter will be here soon enough and it is not impossible to find a great deal even on an 2018 because the dealers don't want to sit on it for 6+ months and next spring it will be an "old" model.
    RaZed1 likes this.
    Hidden Content Sold...Oct 2018......'01 F650GS

Quote Originally Posted by old w/?? View Post
    Wait a minute!!! Didn't they change to a new rear shock in one of those years???? And has anyone determined if the old or new style would be preferred in one environment or the other (street vs off-road)?
    They changed the rear shock somewhere around 2017 – the exact date is difficult to pin down

Both the older shock and the newer one are comparable in performance – and both need to have the spring compressed and removed for adjustment (such as it is)

There’s nothing in it as far as shocks go

(Good catch though) …..
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by TW-Brian View Post
    Hi Jeephead,

Welcome to the forum! There is no difference between the 2016, 2017 and 2018/2019 TW's except for the color schemes. The prices that you quote seem pretty low, so make sure that you are comparing the full "out the door" prices. There is no real downside to getting an older 2016 or 2017 if you like the colors, plus you may be able to negotiate a better price to save a few dollars for the usual farkles that most TW owners want.

Best of luck,

Brian
    Roger that Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    I like the Blue and White color scheme as well but I would be sure to add a little Red on the bike just because. As far as prices go, there is absolutely no difference in either of those year bikes except for the model year and color, with that said they should all be very close in price OTD with the only exception that the older model year left overs should be a little less while the current model year a little more but not by that much. I would say about $400 less for the 2016, $200 less for the 2017 than the current model year.

GaryL
    Thanks for input. Unfortunately the 2016 was sold but the guy told me that he would sell me a 2018 for 4180$ OTD. Will give it some thought. Either way the TW is on my radar so we will see what I can find.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links