Like Tree11Likes
  • 2 Post By Dryden-Tdub
  • 4 Post By EatElk
  • 1 Post By TopPredator
  • 2 Post By montanascabbards
  • 2 Post By montanascabbards

Thread: Bow hunter Question

Bow hunter Question

For those of you that Archery hunt I have a question. How or What device do you use to secure your bow to your TW200? Do you use the handlebar fork system? Or something else... I have the forks on my bicycle... but I would like to use my trusty TW200... Thanks for your advice...

Quote Originally Posted by captainkettel View Post
    For those of you that Archery hunt I have a question. How or What device do you use to secure your bow to your TW200? Do you use the handlebar fork system? Or something else... I have the forks on my bicycle... but I would like to use my trusty TW200... Thanks for your advice...
    Do you have a Cyclerack yet? If not, get one. You can mount the traditional "fork type" ATV gun/bow mounts on the rack. Just need to be careful weaving in and out of trees. I also use a JetSled towed behind my TW to get deer/gear into and out of the woods. Hope this helps.

Tom
    captainkettel and TopPredator like this.
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

I pack my bow on my hunting backpack. It secures quite easily and is fairly readily available if I need to get to it in short order. I was always worried about catching my bow on a tree limb if I added a bow mount to either my rack or my handlebars. Occasionally I will set the bow across the handlebars and it rides quite nicely with the bow string wrapping around each mirror and the bow resting on the instrument console and headlight fairing. I stabilize it with one finger from my left hand as I'm riding and this has worked quite well.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Sorry I can’t help you with the bow but have you seen this?

Dryden-Tdub likes this.
    If I’m ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

You should check out MontanaScabbards.com. This device can be used to carry either a bow or rifle. There is a video on our facebook page of a TW200 with a rifle mounted.20180831_173813.jpg
    captainkettel and goldenhtr like this.

Quote Originally Posted by montanascabbards View Post
    You should check out MontanaScabbards.com. This device can be used to carry either a bow or rifle. There is a video on our facebook page of a TW200 with a rifle mounted.20180831_173813.jpg
    Really cool product... How is it mounted to the TW200. The TW in the photo doesn't have a rear rack. Are the mounting instructions included?

Really cool product... How is it mounted to the TW200. The TW in the photo doesn't have a rear rack. Are the mounting instructions included?
    This was a little bit of a custom job. I used 1/8" steel strapping and mounted underneath the seat. I then put a 90 deg bend in it and attached to the Scabbard with a bolt and washer. The lower end of the Scabbard is resting on the rear peg and clamped to the peg frame.

20180830_184119.jpg20180830_184432.jpg20180830_184610.jpg

Hope this helps!
    captainkettel and goldenhtr like this.

I also strap my bow to my pack. Even my cheap Alps packs have a bow carrier. 30 lbs strapped to your back makes for some much more difficult riding, especially with the ruts and clay around here. Twice now I ducked under a branch and my quiver caught, luckily no damage done. Off tomorrow to shoot an elk. Maybe a moose. Fingers crossed.

Sponosred Links