We are going Cardo Communications
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: We are going Cardo Communications

We are going Cardo Communications

Tom Dryden, Jersey Jeeper and I are going the way of Cardo communications. I thought give you east coast guys who are interested a heads up. Put one on your Santa Claus list for Green Ridge next year.

Are you in?
    jtomelliott49 likes this.
    If I’m ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

Which one are you going with? The packtalk bold and slim look interesting but i have not read much about it in the field yet.

FWIW i dumped Cardo a few years ago in favor of Sena. We had a lot of issues with our G9x units when used as a bike to bike or rider to passenger intercom. The stuff we experienced was a very common complaint with those units. It was a real drag to have to stop multiple times during a ride to fix the comms so you could talk to your passenger again. It was bad enough to sour me on the brand because their support was beyond useless. WE have had much better service form the sena's 20s units we have now.
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

I prefer the old fashioned hand signals and yelling....but I also still use an old fashioned dumb phone. Being a bit optimistic thinking Tom will show up at Green Ridge, aren't you?
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I have a set of the Cardo Scala Rider Q3 communicators and I consider it my worst motorcycle purchase. Not easy to use and very unreliable. I only use mine for music now but perhaps I just don't have the patience for it. If you have not already bought in I would seriously consider the Sena system

Quote Originally Posted by scotti158 View Post
    I prefer the old fashioned hand signals and yelling....but I also still use an old fashioned dumb phone. Being a bit optimistic thinking Tom will show up at Green Ridge, aren't you?
    Not cool man!!! Guess I've been optimistic that someone who lives so close to me might actually contact me to try and get a ride in once this summer........???????

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Quote Originally Posted by Peterb View Post
    I have a set of the Cardo Scala Rider Q3 communicators and I consider it my worst motorcycle purchase. Not easy to use and very unreliable. I only use mine for music now but perhaps I just don't have the patience for it. If you have not already bought in I would seriously consider the Sena system
    I had the same thought about my Sena 20S. What a POS. You need to learn a whole language of unintuitive spins, clicks, taps, holds, ect to operate it. The communicator range is about 1/10th what the claim. 2 units worked ok, 3 paired got iffy, 4+ was useless. Constantly dropping someone out, wouldn't always auto reconnect, quality got glitchy. Battery would last 4-6 hours at best, I'd never get a whole day of riding out of it unless it was music only, kept at low volume. Audio quality sucks and could never hear it much anyway above 55mph anyway. Firmware and the app to control it were super buggy. Couldn't use earplugs, or you really couldn't hear it at all.

I got a decent pair of regular bluetooth "collar" style earbuds, tuck the collar part under your shirt, and I found the mic works just fine. If I want to talk to someone I just call them. Music sounds 1000% better, and the battery lasts several days of use. There's 3 buttons. Power/play/pause, volume up and down. Hold the up or down buttons to forward/reverse track. Easy. Swapped the tips for some noise cancelling foam ones, now they're probably 75% as good as earplugs with cancelling wind and engine noise, while still having clear music.
    Last edited by RaZed1; 09-06-2018 at 02:04 PM.
    Ken, TopPredator, Peterb and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryden-Tdub View Post
    Not cool man!!! Guess I've been optimistic that someone who lives so close to me might actually contact me to try and get a ride in once this summer........???????

Tom
    DINK? Double Income, No Kids? Where do you want to go? TWs or "other" bikes? Dirt or pavement? Around a Fingerlake or 2? Some unexplored state land? You are now officially contacted!
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

You really can't just compare brands when talking about reliability, features etc. You need to be talking about specific models because both brands have models in totally differant technology lines, mesh networking, bluetoothe, non-bluetooth, multi comm etc. Comparing support obviously can be compared, but a good unit shouldn't need support. Research is what I'm making my purchase on. My recommendation will be based on experience with them.

Does anyone have experience with the cardo pactalk slim or bold? That's what we're currently convinced of as being the best out there these days. Full mesh etc.
    Husqvarna TE300i Fuel Injected 2-Stroke 2019
    Yamaha XT225 - 1999 Serow
    Yamaha TW200Z - 2010
    Yamaha BW200 Electric Start! - 1986
    Yamaha TTR225R - 2003
    Husqvarna 701 Enduro - 2017
    Kawasaki Prairie 650 - 2002

Quote Originally Posted by scotti158 View Post
    DINK? Double Income, No Kids? Where do you want to go? TWs or "other" bikes? Dirt or pavement? Around a Fingerlake or 2? Some unexplored state land? You are now officially contacted!
    You never invited me either! WTF... lol
    Husqvarna TE300i Fuel Injected 2-Stroke 2019
    Yamaha XT225 - 1999 Serow
    Yamaha TW200Z - 2010
    Yamaha BW200 Electric Start! - 1986
    Yamaha TTR225R - 2003
    Husqvarna 701 Enduro - 2017
    Kawasaki Prairie 650 - 2002

This was last years Press release.

Cardo Systems, the global market leader in wireless communication systems for motorcyclists, today announced availability of the next generation of its ground-breaking PACKTALK system at specialty retailers and Cardosystems.com. The world’s first natural voice-command-operated motorcycle communications system, PACKTALK BOLD utilizes Cardo’s proprietary Dynamic Mesh Communication™ technology to create the industry’s most-sophisticated and dynamic motorcycle communications system.

Introduced in Milan last November at EICMA, PACKTALK BOLD represents a new standard in ease-of-use and seamlessly integrates with Apple’s Siri™ and “OK Google” ™ voice-command platforms. With natural voice-command, riders can simply say, “Hey Cardo” to the system spontaneously and the always-on system reacts instantaneously. It no longer requires a specific activation action such as push-to-talk. Instead, the system allows riders to keep their hands on the bars at all times and is a significant advancement over current systems that required sometimes tedious and ineffective activation commands. With PACKTALK BOLD, Cardo leapfrogs the limited-natured discourse about the ideal button control, and instead adds a new dimension of always-on, natural voice commands.

“PACKTALK BOLD is the world’s most powerful, yet easy to use, motorcycle communication system, and we’re thrilled to bring it to North American riders,” said Dr. Abraham Glezerman – Cardo’s founder and CEO. “With PACKTALK BOLD we’re taking rider safety to the next level: Instead of fidgeting with buttons or wheels, riders can now voice-control their unit on the go in a natural way and without ever having to take their hands off the bars.”

PACKTALK utilizes Cardo Connect™, Cardo’s new minimalistic and intuitive mobile app for setting and controlling the company’s entire FREECOM and PACKTALK line of devices on the road. Using natural language commands and the all-new Cardo Assistant App, riders can use PACKTALK BOLD without having to touch any button or remove a hand from the handlebar.

PACKTALK BOLD takes flight via Cardo’s state-of-art Dynamic Mesh Technology, allowing up to 15 riders to wirelessly communicate with each other with the same ease of connecting just two. Unlike Bluetooth communications, Dynamic Mesh Communication-powered devices are interconnected, thus allowing a group of riders to seamlessly join, leave or change positions at a distance of up to five miles without causing a breakdown in communications, while the self-adjusting network automatically works to keep the riding group connected. And with class-leading wind-noise suppression, a rider’s voice always comes through crisp and clear.

“PACKTALK BOLD merges pioneering Dynamic Mesh technology with smoothly activated natural voice commands, to deliver a superior riding experience that simply can’t be understated," said Dr. Glezerman.

The system uses a single-unit design simply clipped to a helmet and featuring a slick roller controller for easy volume adjustment. Its rider-to-rider range is up to one mile or up to five miles when used in a group mesh arrangement.

Cardo also announces availability of PACKTALK SLIM, an integral communicator packing the same performance inside a 0.25” super sleek and thin shell. PACKTALK SLIM is recommended by HJC. It also fits a host of other premium helmets from manufacturers such as Shoei, Arai, Bell, and others.

PACKTALK BOLD and PACKTALK SLIM use Bluetooth 4.1 to easily connect with mobile devices like phones and GPS units, as well as universal connectivity to any Bluetooth communicators. It also features automatic volume control, smart intercom/music mixing, rider-to-passenger audio sharing, FM radio, and up to 13 hours of talk time.

Both PACKTALKs retail at an MSRP of $329.95 for single units and $579.95 for a DUO set.

The new PACKTALK BOLD and SLIM systems join Cardo’s FREECOM and Q-solo lines of Bluetooth communicators. All Cardo units are IP67-certified as fully waterproof, not simply water-resistant like lesser communicators, and all feature a two-year warranty and a U.S.-based customer-support system.​
    If I’m ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links