TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

SF Bay area TW200

778 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  geotread2 
#1 ·
Would any SF Bay area or anywhere like to meet up in Julian, CA for the Adventure Rally on Nov. 8-11?

#2 ·
#3 ·
I asked the event organizers if the TW200s would be welcome, and am waiting to hear back. Advrally.com states on the website that 600cc bikes are recommended, but I was hoping that they would not be opposed to the Idea of a bunch of TWs running around. If I was going to participate in the event, I would like to do it with other TW riders, but may end up just going down and seeing if there is a spot on a team or a solo who is also looking for a partner.

Thanks for your reply and for posting the links.

Joe L.

#4 ·
The spirit of the event is to have like minded, similar capability bikes & riders ride their own route at their own pace in groups up to 4. The TW would be a poor match to attempt to accompany anything larger than a WR250, even that might be a stretch. Don't try to tag along with a group of big GS's or a frinkin' twin as one class of bike will always be forced to compensate for the shortcomings of the other. I've tried TW-ing with 500cc thumpers, a litre plus GS, and open class 2-strokes and nobody has much fun due to the big difference in on and off-road speeds and capabilities.

Perhaps look for fellow TW riders already in the Southern California region who are both closer as well as comfortable with the riding conditions down there ( will be nothing like the footage from the 2016 Colorado rally ). Many of them seem to favor the an alternate TW200 forum and as such may not see your invitation on this forum.

#5 ·
Thanks Fred, I have a good lead on another TWer down in San Diego who would like to participate in the event and is a familiar with the area. I appreciate your thoughts on the subject, and look forward to meeting up at the Wrench and Ride on the 20th.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.