Bad news
Close

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree312Likes

Thread: Bad news

Bad news

It looks like I will be selling our bikes soon. I have some bad health news for you. Recently I’ve been having trouble with my knees so I’ve been worried about wreaking one or both out riding. But now I will have to sell them because I can’t see.I just got out of ICU because of a mini stroke to my left eye. Now I am completely blind in that eyewith no chance of recovery. The problem is that was my good eye. I was was born with a defect in my right eye. The good news is I do have some vision but problem not strong enough to drive any more. I can barely see to type this. Susan and I have had an awesome time riding our TWs and meeting and riding with all o you. We may get a 2 up ATV if it will fit in the back of my truck. Although if I can’t drive the truck and trailer She won’t do it so that will be a problem.our camping is going to be limited also.

We are not ready to sell yet but probably soon. I wouldn’t mind selling the consecutive serial number pair together but will split them. They are fully farmed with kick starters etc. slightly different seats and spare parts. Most of the details are in my signature.

We did want to go to Moab again so we’ll see if we can show up some how. Maybe one of my kids can drive us. I need to ride something that doesn’t tip over easily. A side by side would be nice but no way to tow at this point as the bikes fit in the back of my truck.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

I'm so, so sorry to hear that. 'Keep your chin up' as we say this side of the pond.

Oh my, I'm almost without words. This is hard to hear. And through all this bad news you still sound so positive. Positive prayers and thoughts coming your way from up here.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

My thoughts are with you - stay strong ......
    Tweaker, admiral, RkyMtnTW and 3 others like this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Damnit...

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

Dirt bike riders have a strong ability to adapt to situations that most people don't
    This is a recent happening I assume. In time I bet you come up with something that satisfies the fun of your adventure list. May not be easy or what you first thought you wanted or it may be better. I know,easy to say, harder to figure out.
    But sometimes someone pointing out the obvious can help focus on the task at hand
    87 TW

Thanks for all the kind thoughts. I am in good spirits. Other than the Eye and vision being bad the alternative is worse.Ithink I may be still avble to sail my boat just not at night unless I have help. This changes our travel plans by truck and trailer so we’ll see where we go next.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Thank goodness you have other avenues for enjoyment! I hope that "no chance" is a worst case prognosis, and that some level of recovery will present itself.

I hope you'll stick around here, if possible... I've enjoyed your insights over the past couple of years.

Cheers!
    Now I must hurry on... for there they go, and I am their leader!

Ken
    Sorry to hear about the hurdle. I hope you recover above and beyond the doctors expectations. My prayers are with you.

so sorry to hear Tweaker. Your positive attitude is truly inspiring, would be tough for me in a similar situation to look at the brite side. Was great to meet you guys on the Swell ride, hope to see you in Moab. I will be wintering down south, if I can help with transportation northwards toward Moab, don't hesitate
    admiral, ejfranz and littletommy like this.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links