Person of Interest
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Person of Interest

Person of Interest

At times I stop at a convenience store to get a cup of coffee and I can take it with me on my drive. On my TW I need to take a minute and drink it parked to the side because obviously I cant carry a cup of hot coffee as I ride. Now my 87 is far from looking great as most members bikes here,but just about every time I do stop on my 200 someone will come up to me and ask a few questions and proceed to tell me about all the bikes they have had.. I wish a cheerleader would stop and tell me about her bikes once in a while
    87 TW

I get a lot of thumbs up from other drivers when I ride my TW on the road. I think it's because I have a rifle scabbard attached to it.
    Also, with this bike, I never have anyone being rude to me. I wonder why? Maybe they saw Terminator. Ha!
    The bear slayer!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower View Post
    At times I stop at a convenience store to get a cup of coffee and I can take it with me on my drive. On my TW I need to take a minute and drink it parked to the side because obviously I cant carry a cup of hot coffee as I ride. Now my 87 is far from looking great as most members bikes here,but just about every time I do stop on my 200 someone will come up to me and ask a few questions and proceed to tell me about all the bikes they have had.. I wish a cheerleader would stop and tell me about her bikes once in a while
    Sorry Max, Fantasy Land is out on the left coast! Keep dreaming but enjoy the ride.

GaryL
    Gulfrider and JerseyJeeper like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by garyl View Post
    sorry max, fantasy land is out on the left coast! Keep dreaming but enjoy the ride.

Garyl
    lol.....
    2005 TW200
    2007 Sportster 1200

Quote Originally Posted by Ski Pro 3 View Post
    I think it's because I have a rifle scabbard attached to it.
    Also, with this bike, I never have anyone being rude to me. I wonder why? Maybe they saw Terminator. Ha!
    Yeah, I'd say the rifle scabbard is a good conversation and less-rude-to-you starter. Good idea.
    2008 Vespa 150"S" (Elec & Kick Start)
    2007 Ural Patrol (2WD, Elec & Kick Start)
    2006 Yamaha TW200 (Elec & Kick Start)
    1995 BMW K75 (Elec Start)
    1991 Honda XR250L (Kick Start Only)
    1986 Yamaha BW200ES (Elec & Kick Start)
    1969 BMW r60/2, US Model (Kick Start Only)

Quote Originally Posted by Ski Pro 3 View Post
    I get a lot of thumbs up from other drivers when I ride my TW on the road. I think it's because I have a rifle scabbard attached to it.
    I was at a motorcycle shop today buying a nice fleece lined armored riding jacket. When I was checking out the guy helping me could see my bike out front and said "Nice rifle scabbord". I said "Yeah, I love the looks I get when the butt of my gun is sticking out"...

Out here in the West, you probably would have a wahine complement your ride. Certainly more chances as one can ride year round and there’s far more
    cool people here. Less stress out here too, where folks go to live thier fantasies. All about being happy. Not very many rude people here you know, we practice tolerance and are not rascists. So many uptight folks East of the Rockies, why is that?
    Tonto
    Tonto on the "Left Coast"
    1987 TW200 (2) 2015 BMW F700GS
    More Wagging and less Barking
    "Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think"
    Make Love not War

Quote Originally Posted by arbolmano View Post
    Out here in the West, you probably would have a wahine complement your ride. Certainly more chances as one can ride year round and there’s far more
    cool people here. Less stress out here too, where folks go to live thier fantasies. All about being happy. Not very many rude people here you know, we practice tolerance and are not rascists. So many uptight folks East of the Rockies, why is that?
    Tonto
    You don't get north to Oakland/SF or south to L.A. very often, do you?

I agree, it's about being happy no matter where you are. And making your fantasy a reality.
    Darth likes this.
    2008 Vespa 150"S" (Elec & Kick Start)
    2007 Ural Patrol (2WD, Elec & Kick Start)
    2006 Yamaha TW200 (Elec & Kick Start)
    1995 BMW K75 (Elec Start)
    1991 Honda XR250L (Kick Start Only)
    1986 Yamaha BW200ES (Elec & Kick Start)
    1969 BMW r60/2, US Model (Kick Start Only)

Arbolmano, I wasn't saying anyone was being rude. Just the opposite. They were being friendly to a guy with a dirty old TW. In a way I like that my funny looking bike draws more attention than bikes this and of dollars more than mine. Most people's gear cost more than my entire bike. I was just a little surprised.
    In general terms, I find people to be the same everywhere I go.
    87 TW

Maybe the fact that a TW isn't the most impressive bike tells people your not looking for compliments so those who like something fun and different like a TW find us approachable. They're kinda like a cool bike that doesn't try to be cool. I get the impression that many people know about the TW and would like one but chose otherwise for any number of reasons and respect our choice. The hunters/fishers and ATV riders (big tire off road crowd) really seem drawn to it were I ride.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links