Mr. Gizmow shout out - Paradise Fire
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Mr. Gizmow shout out - Paradise Fire

Mr. Gizmow shout out - Paradise Fire

@Mrgizmow Gerry, We are hoping you are OK and are devastated at the destruction we are hearing about in the Paradise area. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and yours. Please keep us posted as to the situation. Tom
    Sorry for the duplicate post. I had not seen the thread started by LittleTommy.
    Last edited by peruano; 11-09-2018 at 01:02 PM.
    Tom - TW200 2002, Kawasaki VN 500 2006

Hidden Content

Central New Mexico

No prob brother Tom.

UPDATE: Gerry and Sashka do not have internet service right now, but will log on and let us know what's going on when they know more. They are pretty sure the house is gone, but at least they are safe. They are staying with friends in Oroville.
    Tweaker, Fred and SanDue like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

O no. Glad they are safe.
    SanDue and littletommy like this.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thoughts and prayers to them and all impacted...

I’m in China for the past week .......so sorry mr giz, praying for you!
    I lost everything in the 2003 Cedar

littytommy we shoul start a go fund me when we know more. He will need EVERYTHING!

Ronnydog
    SanDue, littletommy and admiral like this.

RonnyDog, I was just talking to someone just a few minutes ago about this. I think we should. I texted you and tried to call, but got a busy signal.

Call me.
    Fred, SanDue and Joemama like this.
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

+1 on a Go-Fund for Gerry. I owe him more than just a debt of honor, after all I ended up with his Mr.Gizmo bike.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Exclamation

Here's the latest...

I texted Gerry and Sashka this morning asking for the address in Orville where they are staying with the intention of starting a thread so we could collect donations from forum members who might like to donate a little cash or anything else that Gerry and Sashka might need to help them get going again. I figured we could put Dan and Sue (SanDue) in charge and sent it to them so they could get it to them thinking that Paradise/Orville is somewhat close to them...???

Anyway...I heard back from Gerry and Sashka and they are now saying they might have to evacuate their friends place next since nothing is certain or stable there yet, so they have no address to give right now that they can count on...

Paradise still has over 200 people missing and about 30 confirmed dead. It is the deadliest fire on record in California. People couldn't get out, and many were trapped and roasted in their cars. Paradise is gone. There is very little left and these folks have no place to go back to. It can happen to any of us, faster than we can act or do anything.

Gerry puts on a good front joking about finding usable tools, etc, etc, but believe me, he's devastated. A lifetime gone in an hour. All he can do now is joke about it to try to keep his spirits up, but fellow forum members, he desperately needs our help. As RonnyDog says, they will need everything.

Ronny's idea of a Go Fund Me Page is a much better idea than I had, but we need someone that knows how to set one up. Ronny's in Shanghai and I'm dumb as a rock.

We need someone who can do this, tell the story, post a few pictures of Gerry, home, shop, etc, and start the Go Fund Me, then we can post the link here on the forum, so folks can go to it and donate. They could also share the link with their friends who might be able to help.

Is there someone out there that can do this please??

Let's step up, sacrifice a little, dig deep, love and help a brother... what do you say?

It could've been you...!
    Last edited by littletommy; 11-11-2018 at 09:26 PM.

A post from Gerry from the Paradise is burning thread below:

A very good bit of news for us. We were contacted by an old Friend. The new was, she has a duplex and one unit was vacated last Thursday.. Seems in the last two days her property manager has had 300 applications. Our Friend indicated it was ours should we have an interest. So soon, we will have a place to call home. The current concern is for the town of Oroville and surrounding foot hills. We happen to be in a section of town that may be required to evacuate tonight. Take care

Donations for Gerry here:

https://www.gofundme.com/tw200-forum...-for-mr-gizmow

Please help now.
    Last edited by littletommy; 11-12-2018 at 03:29 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links