TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

new from El Dorado County

1K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  ronnydog 
#1 ·
Hey, my name is Nick and I'm from El Dorado County CA, and I'm looking to get my first TW. Lots of good info on this site in the short time I've been looking.

Thanks for having me here.

#3 ·
Welcome gentlemen. We are all here to help. Opinions vary but are all quite valid. Any thing to get you to your purchase of a TW and your journey toward the dark side will be complete. Then the real fun begins.

Reactions: SanDue
#9 ·
Thanks. I saw that one listed a while back, I was over at my mother in laws in Petaluma last weekend and would have problem picked that up if it was listed then.
I messaged a member here about one they were going to list that's a little newer. I'm waiting for them to get home and send me some pics this weekend, hopefully it all works out

#10 ·
That's an awesome video. A bunch of those areas look pretty familiar. I backpack in pretty deep sometimes to bowhunt.

That's one of the main reasons I'm gonn a pick up a tw. Normally I'll ride my quad a few miles in, then hike a little deeper to hunt. I was in Idaho for the first time this year and couldn't take a quad a bunch of places, but guys on bikes were going right past me.

#11 ·
A lot of that stuff you can do in the dark too. :p Go up by daylight, watch a sunset/moonride, meander and explore on way back.
Moonlight kind of fails to illuminate what is over the edge so you just focus on what is in the headlight.

#12 ·
Keep an eye on Craigslist and hopefully you'll find a good one soon. Then you'll be dancin' on the rocks in time for next years bow season. Likely some of this is familiar too, clips from all over:

Reactions: nickstone
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.