I'm back!
Close

Thread: I'm back!

Lower Hudson River Valley of The Communist State of N.Y.
    I just can't stay away from these bikes. Last year, I bought a 98 for no other reason than it was a great deal, and wanted to flip it for a few bucks to finance the mods on my other motorcycles. I did that and cleared $500, but found that I missed and enjoyed the little guy so much that I told myself to stay on the lookout for another good deal on one. Last Friday, one good deal dropped in my lap. ( I hope ) I'm friendly with my UPS guy, who is forever delivering stuff here, is also into bikes, and asks if I'd be interested in another Tdub. I knew he had one as we spoke about it when I had the 98. He said he wanted to sell it for $400, wasn't sure of the year, and it had a title. He hasn't run it for 3 years, so recommended that I drain the gas and clean the carb. I took him at his word and bought it. Turns out to be a 95 with 11000 miles and looks to be in very good shape. ( if it starts ) I think the battery is also shot cause it has been on the trickle charger since Sunday. I was a little concerned about the title, because it was signed by the seller in 2002, ( and he has since passed away ) I got it through the DMV today without a hitch. I really love the utility of these bikes and again look forward to putting it though it hell. Thanks for listening, great to be back! Rubber side down, Dave

Quote Originally Posted by bucknutz View Post
    He said he wanted to sell it for $400

WHAT A DEAL!!! and you still have $100 from the first transaction!
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Every time I read one of these I get sick to my stomach..... I never find deals like this!!!! My day is coming, I'm gonna find a killer deal I can brag about!!! LOL..

Congrats on the find, sounds like you might keep this one a while then??? Keep us posted on your mods

You've got a friend in the Bracket Business! Hidden Content

Get your TW200 Parts at ProCycle! Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Lower Hudson River Valley of The Communist State of N.Y.
    I think so, If it is as solid as my last one, and I don't think it should be any different. I like to have a beginner bike handy to introduce people to the sport. I like to break new trail in the woods, and I think I would be hard pressed to find something that does it better. (power scouting bowhunting quarry, trout fishing, camping, etc) I have other bikes for other duties. My last one had wider foot pegs and a Duro Powergrip tire on the rear. Those 2 mods are probably on the horizon. Maybe better lights, rear rack, fuel bottle, and a powerlet. For what I will use it for, they come pretty well suited as stock. I always seem to find some reason to modify all my bikes, for some reason or another. Dave

Sponosred Links