Inflator pump choice
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Inflator pump choice

Inflator pump choice

There seem to be a wide variety of those inflators, ranging from $25 for the Slime (seems highly rated) to the high dollar Best Rest Cycle Pump for $130 or so. What do you gentlemen/ladies think or prefer? Thank you for your time.

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    I dislike the Slime type cheap-o pumps because they have a crap duty cycle. I like the Moto Pump, as seen in the video. They also now make a smaller version that appears to be good.

From the YouTube description...

2017·Here is my quick review of the Motopumps Mini Pro tire inflator designed and built for motorcycles by a rider.

Motopumps Mini Pro specs:

Pump Dimensions: 2″ x 4.75″ x 5.75″
    Weight: 18oz
    Main power cord with SAE plug 6.5′ reach
    Combo Cigarette / BMW plug to SAE cord 3.5″ reach for a total of 10′
    Durable Polyurethane 3′ Coiled Air Hose with Zero Loss Connector stores onboard.
    50 PSI capacity, .5 cfm, integrated air cooling for long run times with no heat buildup.

Source: www.motopumps.com

ADV rider forum thread: http://advrider.com/index.php?threads...

On Amazon: http://amzn.to/2AyejmW

This is not sponsored, but a review of from an actual user that purchased this product.

Thanks for watching! If you like what what you see, please thumbs up and subscribe to let YouTube know. Thanks!
    assquatch20 likes this.
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-55 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114 folding shifter

I have a Stop -n- Go tire repair kit (tubeless) in my Valkyrie. It has one of the cheapo mini air pumps that plugs into the battery tender connector. It is pretty chintzy and yes does have a limited duty cycle (believe it says 10 minutes constant operation max), but it takes about 5 minutes to air up one tire from flat, so it's not really a big deal. It's really for emergency use only, not something you'll be using daily in your shop so to me it gets a pass. It is very compact- maybe the size of two packs of cigs? For bikes with tubed tires like the TW I always just throw a little Slime in the tubes. At least if I get a nail or something it'll slow the leak sufficiently to ride it home and not get stuck on the side of the road.

The little CO2 can powered inflators are great for being light and compact, but they're single use.

They also make hoses that screw in place of the spark plug, and you can use engine compression to inflate the tire. They used to be a lot more common, now the compact 12v pumps and CO2 puffers seem to have largely replaced them.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thank both gentlemen.

Well if it's for your tires I certainly do not recommend the "Austin Powers" brand.
    If you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Tuco Juan Ramierez aka "The Rat"
    There's 2 kinds of people in this world, those with guns, and those who dig. You dig. - The Man with No Name

2018 TW200 - LCpl. Rex T. Dubber
    2010 Savage S40 650

Quote Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
    Thank both gentlemen.
    I like the cheap ones since I can leave it untended on the bike for worry free hiking. If someone takes it no big deal. If I had the expensive model I would either have to worry or carry it; both options detracting from the primary goal of having fun adventures on the TW. Smart operation eliminates concern about overheating and a possible short duty cycle since I only use it on a motorcycle. Just a few minutes does the job.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Ken and DougDotyTW200 like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

I have a German made super compact footpump in each vehicle. Lightweight and no battery needed. The one in the truck is a backup for a heavy duty (clamp direct to battery) electric.
    Last edited by SportsterDoc; 01-04-2019 at 03:12 PM.
    2014 Honda CB1100
    2018 Yamaha XT250
    2016 Moto Guzzi V7 II
    2017 Yamaha TW200
    2012 Triumph Bonneville
    2002 H-D Sportster 1200 Sport
    2003 H-D Sportster 883
    1976 Honda CB750F
    1975 Honda CB360
    1970 Yamaha CT1
    1972 Yamaha CT2
    1972 Yamaha AT2/CT2
    1970 Honda SL350
    1970 Honda CL350
    1967 Honda CL160
    1967 Honda CB160
    1962 Honda CA110

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    I have couple of CyclePumps, a Slime pump, and a Milwaukee 12V battery powered inflator (in the truck). The Cyclepumps are great. Have had no issues with any of them. The Slime pump has been around since 2007 or so, and works very well.

I have 2 of the slime kits - comes with slime and pump/ One on my ATV and one on the Dub. The one on the ATV has seen a lot of use on friends and mine over the years and has held up very well - not expensive but must be well designed.
    Fred likes this.

Cyclepump. One of the more expensive ones at $100.00 but I got it as a gift and it came with a separate pressure gauge as well. about 10 years old and still ticking.

I think going from the cheaper to the more speedy units folks have to remember how small the compressor is in all and how hard it has to work. It you leave it on too long you will blow-it out/overheat it. For my sidecar rig I also keep a bicycle foot pump in the trunk.
    2008 Vespa 150"S" (Elec & Kick Start)
    2007 Ural Patrol (2WD, Elec & Kick Start)
    2006 Yamaha TW200 (Elec & Kick Start)
    1995 BMW K75 (Elec Start)
    1991 Honda XR250L (Kick Start Only)
    1986 Yamaha BW200ES (Elec & Kick Start)
    1969 BMW r60/2, US Model (Kick Start Only)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links