Noob here...
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Noob here...

Hi, All! Just found this board, looking up some info on a TW200 I bought last night for my wife. Picked her up an '87 I found on Craigslist here in Tulsa for $850. The guy had just replaced a failed CDI, but the carb is mucked up. Also, he had no title, but there's a lady here who says she can recover it for me for $100, so I'll give that a shot.

I really just bought the bike so my wife could learn to ride. I heard the TW is a good learner. I usually research the heck out of stuff before I buy it, but this time I really didn't know much. I just took a bike mechanic buddy with me and had him give me the ok. He liked it, so I whipped out the old wallet. haha... It might bite me in the butt, but no worries. It'll be an adventure.

I didn't really care about getting it tagged...we have a Burgman 400 for highway stuff. However, I want to get a title so if I want to sell it at some point...

My mechanic buddy is cleaning out the carb and tightening the chain. It really looks like it'll be fine once we do a little cleaning on it. I'm excited. Also, glad to find this board! I have a lot to learn.
    Wife and I live near Tulsa, Ok. and we both have TW200's. They sure are fun!

Quote Originally Posted by respond2us View Post
    Hi, All! Just found this board, looking up some info on a TW200 I bought last night for my wife. Picked her up an '87 I found on Craigslist here in Tulsa for $850. The guy had just replaced a failed CDI, but the carb is mucked up. Also, he had no title, but there's a lady here who says she can recover it for me for $100, so I'll give that a shot.

I really just bought the bike so my wife could learn to ride. I heard the TW is a good learner. I usually research the heck out of stuff before I buy it, but this time I really didn't know much. I just took a bike mechanic buddy with me and had him give me the ok. He liked it, so I whipped out the old wallet. haha... It might bite me in the butt, but no worries. It'll be an adventure.

I didn't really care about getting it tagged...we have a Burgman 400 for highway stuff. However, I want to get a title so if I want to sell it at some point...

My mechanic buddy is cleaning out the carb and tightening the chain. It really looks like it'll be fine once we do a little cleaning on it. I'm excited. Also, glad to find this board! I have a lot to learn.

Oops, I think I messed up there... just wanted to add that we were able to start it with a little starter fluid, and we tested fire. Should be good to go once its carb is cleaned out.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Head on over to the tech section!

Download the manual.

There is a lot of great info pinned in the tech section.
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

Welcome aboard! Give yourself a few minutes on her and you will be looking for a second TW Or your wife will be walking

Haha... Awesome. Heading to tech now...

Welcome aboard... You should love the bike. The '87's have CDI problems, but if the PO fixed it, you should be good... keep us updated and give us some pics... here's a B&W of my '89...

Oooo, that's snappy. I've got it at a mechanics house right now, but once I get it here, I'll put up some pics.

Finally picked it up last night. I wound up having to order some parts, so it took awhile. The bike seems to be in nice shape for its age! The signals, headlight, speedo and battery are all good! The tires seem fine. It runs nice, once it's thoroughly warmed up. Today, well begin riding lessons and I'll get some pictures. Stay tuned...

Shasta County - In the Shadow of Lassen Peak
    Quote Originally Posted by respond2us View Post
    Finally picked it up last night. I wound up having to order some parts, so it took awhile. The bike seems to be in nice shape for its age! The signals, headlight, speedo and battery are all good! The tires seem fine. It runs nice, once it's thoroughly warmed up. Today, well begin riding lessons and I'll get some pictures. Stay tuned...
    Welcome! Great to have you in the family.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links