There goes another benefit of buying online.
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: There goes another benefit of buying online.

There goes another benefit of buying online.

Bought some parts online from partzilla, saw they charged me tax so I sent them a email asking why.
    They informed me of this new law.

This is really bad for small online or brick and mortar stores retailers that do 200 or more transactions.

You must keep track of of tax amount for every state and county that you sell to. It's one thing to keep track of your own state, but were talking about 45 states and ALL there counties.
    I'm kinda glad we no longer have a small online business out of our home.

The U.S. Supreme Court's ruling that declares states can collect sales tax for online purchases could potentially boost Washington state's bottom line by hundreds of millions of dollars.

Washington state will require businesses to collect sales tax for items shipped to out-of-state customers beginning Monday. ... In Washington, companies that have more than $100,000 in retail sales or 200 transactions now must register with the state and collect sales tax from customers.Sep 29, 2018
    A very very wise man once said “it’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"Now then get your weapons... and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me"
    Gen:27:3

can't it help the local retail stores?
    People will go on line to avoid taxes of buying locally.
    JerseyJeeper likes this.
    87 TW

Some yes, but most have a online presence. One comment from one retailer was there is no software or app that has every tax code for every town,city,county or state. She says the time she will have to expend on filing taxes will negate any benefit. Or as Wa. State has said just pay someone 50,000a yr to do your taxes. In Other Words hire a bookkeeper to do all of it for you.
    I still saved over $100.00 buying from partrzilla than from my local dealer, but my bill was closed to $400.00
    A very very wise man once said “it’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"Now then get your weapons... and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me"

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

The U.S. Supreme Court's ruling that declares states can collect sales tax for online purchases could potentially boost Washington state's bottom line by hundreds of millions of dollars.

guess they have to pay for the wall somehow
    TW200X likes this.
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

technically it's been the law for decades but now they are adding teeth for enforcement. Amazon the biggest violator due to sheer volume still skirts the tax collection laws
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

Hidden Content

I'm probably in the minority here but I'm all for it.

As a small brick and mortar, we constantly have to put up with customers shopping online to save on taxes that we have to charge.
    Darth, Miaugi, bartruff and 1 others like this.
    2001 TW

Quote Originally Posted by TW Newb View Post
    I'm probably in the minority here but I'm all for it.

As a small brick and mortar, we constantly have to put up with customers shopping online to save on taxes that we have to charge.
    Yes, I share your view....I don't like to pay taxes but this is fair....I would think someone will develop a very simple affordable or even free program that will apply the State and local taxes by zip code of some other data base...if there is a margin somewhere, someone will fill it.....

Nature and Capitalism abhor a vacuum ….
    Last edited by bartruff; 01-25-2019 at 09:18 PM.
    Darth, Miaugi, Dryden-Tdub and 1 others like this.

It all comes down to "tax and spend" politicians. If they had to work for a living and spend their own money, taxes would not be as high. It is very easy to spend other peoples money. They have to start looking for creative ways to separate us from the money we earn. It is our duty to find the best price for what we buy. If I find a loophole, I'm going to use it. The politicians sure do. It comes down to - If you want more of something, tax it less. If you want less of something tax it more. Lets see how all this taxing works out.
    2017 Apollo 250
    2018 Yamaha TW200
    1978 Suzuki DR370

I don't mind the " tax and spend " politicians nearly as much as the " borrow and spend " politicians ……..IMHO deficit spending is a moral outrage and there should be a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution......with no exceptions.... similar to what some States have...

There is probably a prohibition against political posting in here..... and there should be...... so if I have violated it I will remove the post or you can …

In out current environment..... political dialog is toxic ...
    Dryden-Tdub likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Apolloha View Post
    It all comes down to "tax and spend" politicians. If they had to work for a living and spend their own money, taxes would not be as high. It is very easy to spend other peoples money. They have to start looking for creative ways to separate us from the money we earn. It is our duty to find the best price for what we buy. If I find a loophole, I'm going to use it. The politicians sure do. It comes down to - If you want more of something, tax it less. If you want less of something tax it more. Lets see how all this taxing works out.
    Couldn't agree more.
    I have always wondered what decade the politicians became so corrupt? You get a job working for the people for say 100,000 a yr and leave being a multi-millionaire(some 100s of millions). No better time than now for term limits. BUT guess who gets to vote on term limits the very ones that are getting all the benefits. It's time the people rise up and say enough is enough.
    Gastone165 and Dryden-Tdub like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links