• 1 Post By Badgerflorida
  • 3 Post By stagewex
  • 1 Post By Tweaker
  • 2 Post By Hellie
  • 2 Post By EatElk
  • 1 Post By Catman Du

Thread: New to the site and the TW

New to the site and the TW

Hello from southern Arizona! New to this site and have my desires locked in on one of these bikes! Well actually I need two of them. I am looking around here and there...but if any one of you folks here have a couple for sale?
    jtomelliott49 likes this.

Welcome to the site. Enjoy!!
    '14 TW200 'Vera'
    '04 WR450
    '05 Raptor 660

Welcome to the site!

I did a quick search on the Phoenix CL and there is someone selling 2- 2015 TW200's (https://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/m...794186243.html) and here is another one 2004 TW200: (https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/m...803149054.html) although they all seem expensive to me.
    2015 TW200
    2009 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
    2009 Buell 1125R
    1985 Honda 350X

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Yes...I saw those and am going to wait and see for now. I keep reading about other members scoring sweet deals. Perhaps I may encounter such a deal myself!

Welcome to the forum from WI. All three of mine will be available in the spring. But that doesn’t help you now. Plus I’m in WI.

There have been some really good deals recently. Some on here, others on CL. But the good deals are still rare. As GaryL says, search as often as you can and have cash on hand because the good ones go fast.

Good luck with your search. Watch this thread because the folks here tend to share many of the opportunities...

https://www.tw200forum.com/forum/tw2...raigslist.html
    01 street 203/204
    96 hybrid Shinko 241/428
    89 restored SOLD

Welcome from NY.
    Have patience and understand you might have to travel to get "a deal". Figure your time and fuel into the equation. You are in a 365 days a year to ride environment (except when it's too hot). I've scanned Phoenix craigslist for a couple months now because I'd like to keep a bike out there by my daughter (Tempe) and/or cousin (Gilbert). I've found traditional dirt bikes/Dual Sports are actually less out there than they are out east. Maybe because there are so many of them.

However the oddball TW which can fit into any category you set it up for (or at least imagine it is) seems to be higher priced in good condition used.

For the price those two good looking used bikes are going for throw a number at them, but only after you have seen them in person, not before over the phone. Cash in your pocket is a big incentive if you see a bike sitting and sitting on the classifieds.
    All they can say is no. Good Luck with your hunt.
    Last edited by stagewex; 01-29-2019 at 04:32 PM.
    2008 Vespa 150"S" (Elec & Kick Start)
    2007 Ural Patrol (2WD, Elec & Kick Start)
    2006 Yamaha TW200 (Elec & Kick Start)
    1995 BMW K75 (Elec Start)
    1991 Honda XR250L (Kick Start Only)
    1986 Yamaha BW200ES (Elec & Kick Start)
    1969 BMW r60/2, US Model (Kick Start Only)

I think those two 2015 are a good deal. Basically a new bike. They may not run well if the owner didn’t know how to tune the carb for the aftermarket pipes.. I agree with Stagewex go ride them, bring cash and make an offer. Just what you’re looking for if legit low mikes are great. You’ll be able to tell if they are legit.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Hi!! Also new😊 Where in southern AZ? Did you find a bike yet? I’m near Sierra Vista. In the process of getting one ~ fingers crossed the deal goes thru Will be my first bike!
    jtomelliott49 and Darth like this.

Welcome to the addiction!
    jtomelliott49 and Darth like this.

Welcome & good luck with your search. I missed out on 3 different ones last year, so started searching earlier this year. I may have paid a little more than i see some folks get deals for, BUT, its a great bike, hard to find, and I figured at this price range, a few hundred more to get a nice one instead trying to get the "perfect" deal, was worth it. I wound up getting it from the local Yamaha dealer, they had taken it in and hadn't advertised it yet, still too early in the year, they still had it out back. I worked out a cash deal and am comfortable I got them as low as they were going to go for an out the door price. they know how these little bikes hold their value, kinda like a Jeep CJ, they drop to a certain point, and then don't go lower w/o something major happening to it, like a wreck or something.
    Darth likes this.

Sponosred Links