Tank Bag for Clarke 2.8 gal tank
Close

Anyone have a relatively inexpensive small to medium sized tank bag for their plastic Clarke 2.8 gal tank?...just looking for something to get all the stuff out of my pockets and maybe be able to have a spot for a gps/phone with maybe an earbud routing hole

Did a little searching and found the wolfman...i like this style with the map pocket and how it's mounted over the tank vs hanging over the sides like the stearns as well as how there is a strap around the seat and around the head tube area but it's a little expensive...looking for cheaper alternatives...

http://www.wolfmanluggage.com/Tank/enduro_tank.html

looking at this one...

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...-Tank-Bag.aspx

my brother runs the wolfman w/Clarke tank. Its a real clean setup. He made some new straps that have quick release buckles that attatch to the lower mounting bolt of the tank. Not too big, not too small, quick release, secure mounting, map case. All you need. TIM
    SeatConcepts,carb mod,Shinko tires,15/50 o-ring chain,custom racks f/r, aluminum luggage,windshield,handguards,heated grips,Clarke tank,high frt fender,led running lights,folding shifter, wide pegs,12v outlets,headlight kill switch,voltmeter,stainless header,2nd brakelight,GPS/phone mount

thanks Tim...i think i'm going to have to sit on my bike to measure and see how much room i have up there first...the wolfman is def nice but it looks a little large for what i need or even have space for...plus the price is a little much...i wonder if i could find something for a bicycle that would be usable

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Don't overlook bicycle bags. I put this trunk bag on the front of my seat. It's cheap, has 5 compartments (2 waterproof) stays in place, and easily holds a 6 pack when expanded. It works well for me. There's no protected map pocket on top but you can put a map under the top lacing. I think I paid $9 for it on the clearance rack at walmart. A quick search found this one on Amazon and a couple on ebay. I don't know if it's still available off the shelf but there's a lot of different sizes and shapes around.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirebiter View Post
    Don't overlook bicycle bags. I put this trunk bag on the front of my seat. It's cheap, has 5 compartments (2 waterproof) stays in place, and easily holds a 6 pack when expanded. It works well for me. There's no protected map pocket on top but you can put a map under the top lacing. I think I paid $9 for it on the clearance rack at walmart. A quick search found this one on Amazon and a couple on ebay. I don't know if it's still available off the shelf but there's a lot of different sizes and shapes around.

that looks like something i would look into...how does it connect to the seat?...if it gets heavy can it slide off?

Quote Originally Posted by Point37 View Post
    that looks like something i would look into...how does it connect to the seat?...if it gets heavy can it slide off?
    This particular bag has velcro straps on the bottom. It doesn't move around street riding with it full of stuff but I've never put much in it dirt riding. It mounts pretty solid but I suppose I could gorilla tape the straps to the bottom of the seat to be even more secure. It's enough forward to not be in the way. I put a small bungee cord on it when collapsed or half full.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirebiter View Post
    This particular bag has velcro straps on the bottom. It doesn't move around street riding with it full of stuff but I've never put much in it dirt riding. It mounts pretty solid but I suppose I could gorilla tape the straps to the bottom of the seat to be even more secure. It's enough forward to not be in the way. I put a small bungee cord on it when collapsed or half full.

thanks for the photos Tirebiter...i may pick up something like that...i bet you could put a piece of hard plastic inside the bottom to make it so it won't be able to slide around the edge of the seat when loaded heavily...would probably want to put something over the plastic so things aren't sliding around in there as well, maybe glue some of that foam con-tact drawer liner on top of it...bicycle rear rack bags look like a great option!

maybe something like this would work nicely...not sure that the straps would be long enough though...

http://www.amazon.com/Bicycle-Cyclin...words=rack+bag

http://www.amazon.com/Banjo-Brothers...2&keywords=bag

i bet even some of the bicycle rear luggage would work on my rear moose expedition rack nicely too...i even have an old set of battery pack powered lights that i used to use to night mountain bike that i bet i could mount if i wanted to lol

Shasta County - In the Shadow of Lassen Peak
    Quote Originally Posted by Point37 View Post
    Anyone have a relatively inexpensive small to medium sized tank bag for their plastic Clarke 2.8 gal tank?...just looking for something to get all the stuff out of my pockets and maybe be able to have a spot for a gps/phone with maybe an earbud routing hole

Did a little searching and found the wolfman...i like this style with the map pocket and how it's mounted over the tank vs hanging over the sides like the stearns as well as how there is a strap around the seat and around the head tube area but it's a little expensive...looking for cheaper alternatives...

http://www.wolfmanluggage.com/Tank/enduro_tank.html

looking at this one...

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...-Tank-Bag.aspx

Try a pommel bag for horses. Way cheaper than anything for a MC and just about a perfect tank bag. $23.95 shipped on eBay, for example http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nylon-Pommel...7742277&_uhb=1

Quote Originally Posted by Flingwing View Post
    Try a pommel bag for horses. Way cheaper than anything for a MC and just about a perfect tank bag. $23.95 shipped on eBay, for example http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nylon-Pommel...7742277&_uhb=1

that would be perfect if i wanted one that mounted over the sides of the tank...trying to find something that mounts on the top of the tank similar to the wolfman bag

Sponosred Links