Detoxing a T-Dub - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Detoxing a T-Dub

Maybe someone who has done the bobber conversion can provide many of the missing plastics. Some of that stuff a la cart on e-bay can get pricey, totaling as much as some complete parts bikes.
    Good luck, bike will have an interesting back story to tell once completed and back on the road once again evading the police.
    Tweaker likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

I could have put that mess pretty much back together when I first started selling off my parts. Only have a few things left now but tell us if you are just looking to get it re dressed or are you trying to make it a real looker? Placerload bought the 95 tank from me along with the complete speedo set on the bracket.
    I have a brand new rear taillight holder bracket with the new tail light and the plate holder and reflector. I have a black rear fender cowl that has a little wear but not broke or cracked anywhere and I have a nice white rear fender cowl and new white headlight cowl. I have both plastic side covers, one is painted black and the other is black but both are good. I hope you got it real cheap but I do see lots of life left in it after you toss some $$ in it.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Thanks Gary-I sent you a PM as well.

This bike's primary duty will be to carry me around the woods, so it doesn't need to be perfect. "Nice" would be nice, but chasing perfect I think is out of my price range.

Real cheap? No....I'm quickly realizing not. $620 and an hour drive to pick it up. Apparently you have to be careful buying things at action with only a couple dark pics to go by. Who-da Thunk?
    Fred likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Junior Member Madeline Murray Ohare's Avatar
    I like all of the little scraps littered across the floor. The tires look good Good Luck Man!

Just a quick update on the meth-mobile. I got it running, so that is encouraging! Thanks to some parts from forum members and a carb kit from Moose Racing she roared to life.

Of course it wasn't THAT easy....I first bought a carb kit from SHINDY (made in japan, supposedly) but was very disappointing. The main jet was wrong, as in it wouldn't even thread into the nozzle/tube. Also, the O-ring supplied for the pilot screw was so undersized it was smaller than the flange and wouldn't have sealed anything. Those were obviously wrong, so i wasn't going to take any chances on the rest of it so I just sent it all back. The Moose kit seemed fine, and had some silicone caps over the float/seat and pilot screw for protection which to me shows they care at least a little!

One mystery with both carb kits was an "extra" small spring that was included. Smaller than the pilot screw spring...but different than the needle spring. Not sure what that was for...I'll try to grab a pic and see if anyone recognizes it.

I wish I could say that with some fresh gas, verified spark and the cleaned/rebuilt carb it started right up, but it took quite a bit of cranking. Finally fired (on a kick) and LIMPED along on full choke, and i mean barely. Any throttle and it died. The bike was warm (had been sitting in the basement), but the air was not. After a minute or two of lugging it suddenly died on its own, then fired up and ran really nice with the choke off. Happened really quick, makes me wonder if a passageway still had some gunk in it.

Now that I know I'm not totally throwing money away I'll spend a little more and get this thing put back together. It has been slow progress, but we're supposed to get another 8" of snow this weekend so no reason to rush!
    TW-Brian, GOF and joeband like this.

Nice update. Maybe try some pseudoephedrine in the gas lol.
    joeband likes this.
    01 street 203/204
    96 hybrid Shinko 241/428
    89 restored SOLD

Was the small spring a replacement for the one on top of the needle in the diaphragm? I am not that familiar with the older carb but the new one has a small spring up there. That one is easy to miss and lose.
    Last edited by Tweaker; 03-07-2019 at 11:58 AM.
    plumbstraight likes this.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Look at this blow up, https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/ya...non-california. Part number 3 is a rectangular connecting block that lifts the slide. It has 2 posts that go through it with e clips on the ends. Inside that block and between the 2 posts is a tiny spring they do not even show. Some of these rectangular blocks are white plastic and others are brass and the spring is probably only 3/8 -1/2 of an inch long.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

DDA124DA-0ADE-4FB3-973A-461E679E0860.jpeg

That seems like it would be about the right rise. In the pic, it is the spring on the top. I tossed some other components in the pic for scale/reference.

Quote Originally Posted by 2big4aTdub View Post
    DDA124DA-0ADE-4FB3-973A-461E679E0860.jpeg

That seems like it would be about the right rise. In the pic, it is the spring on the top. I tossed some other components in the pic for scale/reference.
    Yes, I believe that spring goes where I pointed it out in number 3. I still don't have the slightest clue as to what purpose it serves but I do know all the old style carbs I rebuilt had such a spring inside the rectangular connector. I did have one carb that was missing that spring and it seemed to run fine without it. Probably just an anti vibration function is my suspicion.

GaryL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links