• 3 Post By Tweaker
  • 1 Post By Badgerflorida
  • 1 Post By Olympus
  • 3 Post By Tweaker
  • 5 Post By NVcowboy
  • 1 Post By goldenhtr

Thread: New Member, First TW200!

New Member, First TW200!

Hey everyone, I’m a new member here and just bought my first TW200. It’s a 2000 model with only 2300 miles! It’s practically new still. I bought it for my wife to trail ride with us on but I’m really liking the bike myself!

I’m gonna change the oil and filter first before any serious riding though. Any recommendations on what oil I should use? I use Amsoil in everything else I own. Not sure what I should use in the TW.

Any other things for me to check out or change? Anything special I need to be on the lookout for?

Hi welcome. Please check out the oil change othreads. Recommend just cleaning the oil filterand using the old one. There have been cases of the wrong filter in the correct box causing engine damage. If yo have the stock front tire replace it with a Shinto 241 your wife will thank you for the improved traction. Are you sure you bought it for her Lol.

Ok Use 4 T m otorcycle rated oI l you can put a full synerhic like Mobil 1 4 T or Castro’s power one 4T. It will shift better and have higher heat protection.
    Last edited by Tweaker; 02-21-2019 at 07:36 PM.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Welcome and congrats! Amsoil is good stuff. Just make sure it’s wet clutch stuff. I use Mobile1 Racing 4T because I can get it at most parts store chains. Just inspect everything closely. These bikes are so simple it’s usually obvious when something needs attention. The engines are noisy by nature, so a valve inspection/adjustment is always a good idea. Not that hard to do.
    jtomelliott49 likes this.
    01 street 203/204
    96 hybrid Shinko 241/428
    89 restored SOLD

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks! I keep a healthy stock of Amsoil 0w-40 Formula 4 Stroke oil that I use in my Polaris Ranger and my Polaris Sportsman 500. I was wondering if I would also be able to use that in the TW200. The Formula 4 Stroke does say that it is JASO MA/MA2 certified, so I'm guessing it should be fine, but I wanted to check first. I ordered a filter from Amazon so I will compare the old one with the new one before I install the new one.

Also, I think a set of tires will be on the menu soon. Obviously not from wear, but more from age. They are starting to show some dry cracking. Any recommendations on tires would be helpful too!

Sorry I can’t see too well so I edited my post above.

The Amsoil should work well. The stock rear tires are great the stock front is nick named the “ Deathwing”. Shinko 241 is a popular front tire replacement.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Welcome to the Dark Side. The TW Galactic Empire. If you bought it for the wife you might as well just buy another for yourself. I bought one last year and guess what? Yep. Buying one for her this year.
    If you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Tuco Juan Ramierez aka "The Rat"
    There's 2 kinds of people in this world, those with guns, and those who dig. You dig. - The Man with No Name

2018 TW200 - LCpl. Rex T. Dubber
    2010 Savage S40 650

A very very wise man once said “it’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"Now then get your weapons... and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me"
    Gen:27:3

Sponosred Links