New Massachusetts owner and question to Mass owners
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New Massachusetts owner and question to Mass owners

New Massachusetts owner and question to Mass owners

IMG_7717.JPG
    YES! I bought a new TW to help me pursue my favorite hobby metal detecting. My user name! I needed some transportation to get deeper in the woods and explore for spots to detect! anyone else do that? I have currently an old ATV that needs upgrading but its not really useful anymore for trail riding due to publics war against them and serious limitations here in Mass. where off road enthusiasts are bigtime frowned upon to put it nicely etc. So I bought the best dual purpose bike for my needs.But I do have major concerns as my new adventures begin! Everywhere is pretty much off limits, parks, power lines, sand pits, everywhere is private property, state parks, etc and accidently riding through one by mistake, and its not like it was many years ago. Just watching those tresspassing youtube videos gives me high anxiety!. I cant afford a run in with the EPA or irate land owners. Ill be always looking over my shoulder and that is NO fun. There used to be a lot of bikers and ATVers running the miles of powerlines but not anymore and I wonder why? Times have changed! i Never had off road bike.I used to love my moped 30 years ago for offroad use when the world was free and land was not policed like it is now., oh the places that moped would go was amazing! I used to ride it around Walden pond no problem. Do that today and you will be front page news! and Metal detecting is now off limits in many areas too but that's another story, bring a metal detector to Walden pond state reservation and you will be locked up! So basically I'm committing a sin riding and metal detecting, two frowned upon fun things to do. Oh well. cant live life in a bubble forever! My first post getting to sound like a vent session but you all know and understand. I did get my Massachusetts off road vehicle (OHV) permit so I can avoid that fine. This is the strictest state!
    My first question is to Massachusetts owners, where's the best place to affix those 2 huge OHV registration stickers? can you post a picture? can I put both of them on my front fender? they are hideous and I don't want it on my tank and cant fit them on the forks! only other place allowed is the front fender!
    Thanks, this is a great forum!

Welcome to the forum from Ontario Canada and Congrats on the new T-Dub! Of course being in Canada I can not offer up any advice about where to ride but I am curious if you also plated it for use on public roads because being able to drive on the street to where you want to ride off-road is part of the purpose of a Dual Sport bike. Best of luck finding your answers to the other questions.
    Hidden Content Sold...Oct 2018......'01 F650GS

Welcome to the house of fun
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I put mine on the headlight cowl on both sides of the bike just below the turn signal. Environmental police have never given me any grief. I have also seen someone with a TW put them on the upper tubes just above the lower triple clamp. The only problem with that is if you have to remove the forks you have to remove the sticker too.

Its been a few years since the last time i did the OHV reg for mine, not sure if the sticker is the same size or not. I dont off road in Mass much any more. The only places left my me to ride are in Franklin and Wrentham/Foxboro.
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

Where in MA are you? I'm in Salem.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Ashley

Salem, MA (for now)

- '19 TW 200 🏍️
    - '17 VW GLI 🚗
    - '86 Int'l S1753 🚌

Put the stickers over the reflectors on the side of the headlight. Could remove and make a bigger tap if needed.

Maybe even put them on the front rack your going to install.

Yeah feel your pain WI is getting to be the same way. Whole country is going down the tubes and fast. Can't do a fricken thing anymore. Really feel sorry for the kids these days and in the future.
    2017 XR650l
    2014 NC700X
    2005 ST-1300
    Wanted TW450

Not sure how large the stickers are but the space between the loop of the rear foot peg brackets seems like a good place the cut a piece of thin plastic or metal and tie strap the plaque to.
    I used to be a MD freak and dragged my Garrett GT2500 all up and down the old D&H canal tow path. Never really found any great relics and sold the detector when they started banning riding and digging in most state owned lands. I figured the areas around where the canal locks were placed would be good spots to detect in because tolls were collected at them. Too bad I was once again late the the party and many had gone before me with the same idea.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Quote Originally Posted by ashleyidesign View Post
    Where in MA are you? I'm in Salem.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I am in Holliston which is near Framingham.

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    Not sure how large the stickers are but the space between the loop of the rear foot peg brackets seems like a good place the cut a piece of thin plastic or metal and tie strap the plaque to.
    GaryL
    Unfortunately in Mass they specify that they have to be on the front half of the bike.

Hidden Content

Thank you all for the info!
    When bring the bike down to the local inspection station I will likely ask them what they recommend. The 2 stickers are 6"x3.5", I feel I can trim them up a bit but I don't want to take my scissors to state official stickers. I do like the headlight cowl placement the idea the best, but would still need to trim off the expiration date part and place that in another area on the cowl? only one sticker has the expiration date. We will see!
    IMG_E7742.JPG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links