"Grey" Forma Adventure boots, first impressions......
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: "Grey" Forma Adventure boots, first impressions......

"Grey" Forma Adventure boots, first impressions......

So recently someone posted a link to "fleabay" with some grey Forma adventure low boots for sale.....$150 with free 2nd day shipping.
    I, as probably several of you on here thought that these must be knockoffs, Chinese imports etc etc.
    To quote from the listing....""Brand new limited dark grey colored boots. They were surplus stock from a special non catalog OEM order."
    I had never seen grey ones offered, only the brown and black versions, I wanted the brown version, however for 90 bucks off retail I was willing to take a risk.
    They arrived as advertised, no box but wrapped well in a FedEx poly bag.
    First impressions are that these are legit, if they are knockoffs they are really well done knockoffs! I have handled the Forma Adventures before, although never tried them on, and these seemed to be the real thing.
    I ordered a size 10, I am normally a 10-10.5 in most shoes, these are a strong ten with some volume, I will be adding another insole to take up some of that volume in the future.
    I have been wearing them for a couple of hours here in my home office and all seems to be working as advertised. However, with no venting, these will be pretty warm in the Utah summers I am sure. Buckles are easy to adjust and the sole is stiff, not rigid, but much stiffer than my Oboz hiking boots for example.
    I will give these a "recommend" for sure....Ill save the "highly recommend" for after I put some miles on them and see how they hold up.
    FYI - Lou

Boots.jpgBoots1.jpgBoots2.jpgBootsManual.jpg

Can you please share the link again?

[QUOTE=reddave;989288]Can you please share the link again?[/https://www.ebay.com/itm/Forma-Adventure-Low-motorcycle-boots-mens-grey-unboxed-adv-road-riding-/113531298181

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sthrnromr and Dryden-Tdub like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Anyone with a wider foot is going to really enjoy them. I have three pairs from Forma now, Adventure, Cape Horn and Voyagers and use them for the TW, Super Tenere and street bikes respectively. The Adventure is pretty good, not quite as tough as the old Alpinestar Adventures they replaced, but stopped doing foolish things off road with a KLR and didn't feel the need for boots to the knee (that were tough walking in) on the TW. The grey looks great!
    JerseyJeeper and Dryden-Tdub like this.

Hes is a legit eBay seller. I bough the 5 pairs of forma boots from him over the last year. Those are a good deal..

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    So recently someone posted a link to "fleabay" with some grey Forma adventure low boots for sale.....$150 with free 2nd day shipping.
    I, as probably several of you on here thought that these must be knockoffs, Chinese imports etc etc.
    To quote from the listing....""Brand new limited dark grey colored boots. They were surplus stock from a special non catalog OEM order."
    I had never seen grey ones offered, only the brown and black versions, I wanted the brown version, however for 90 bucks off retail I was willing to take a risk.
    They arrived as advertised, no box but wrapped well in a FedEx poly bag.
    First impressions are that these are legit, if they are knockoffs they are really well done knockoffs! I have handled the Forma Adventures before, although never tried them on, and these seemed to be the real thing.
    I ordered a size 10, I am normally a 10-10.5 in most shoes, these are a strong ten with some volume, I will be adding another insole to take up some of that volume in the future.
    I have been wearing them for a couple of hours here in my home office and all seems to be working as advertised. However, with no venting, these will be pretty warm in the Utah summers I am sure. Buckles are easy to adjust and the sole is stiff, not rigid, but much stiffer than my Oboz hiking boots for example.
    I will give these a "recommend" for sure....Ill save the "highly recommend" for after I put some miles on them and see how they hold up.
    FYI - Lou

Boots.jpgBoots1.jpgBoots2.jpgBootsManual.jpg
    Husqvarna TE300i Fuel Injected 2-Stroke 2019
    Yamaha XT225 - 1999 Serow
    Yamaha TW200Z - 2010
    Yamaha BW200 Electric Start! - 1986
    Yamaha TTR225R - 2003
    Husqvarna 701 Enduro - 2017
    Kawasaki Prairie 650 - 2002

Thanks for the review, Wingnut.

I was going to post the link to the forum myself (not knowing someone already had), but never got around to it. Mine are arriving today. I originally saw the link posted in a Facebook group I'm on. There was a fairly decent argument between the poster of the link and a Forma distributor/rep about them being knockoffs, but after someone finally got a reply from Forma about them being from an OEM deal gone south, the Forma rep conceded.

The only issues I've read about the Forma Adventure boots (regular and Low) are that the soles are attached with what amounts to double-sided tape. I figured at the $150 price, I don't mind keeping a tube of Shoe Goo handy. It will also be nice having a second pair of boots. The Adventure lows will be my commute/rain/cold boots, and my Terra Evos will be used for rougher rides and rides where I won't need the waterproof and thermal inserts for my moto pants - I didn't find out until the Evos arrived that they are too big at the top of the boot for those layers of my moto pants.
    Wingnut likes this.

Speaking of which, I’m about to order a pair of full length Forma Adventure boots myself - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Forma-Adv...frcectupt=true

My present boots are a bit tight, which is fine for road work, but once off the bike, they can “pinch a little”. As such, it’s the fit that matters to me, that and the toughness of the leather, and whether or not they’re waterproof

Any and all comments would be appreciated ……
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Those are good boots. Average pricing for them as far as what I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    Speaking of which, I’m about to order a pair of full length Forma Adventure boots myself - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Forma-Adv...frcectupt=true

My present boots are a bit tight, which is fine for road work, but once off the bike, they can “pinch a little”. As such, it’s the fit that matters to me, that and the toughness of the leather, and whether or not they’re waterproof

Any and all comments would be appreciated ……
    Purple likes this.
    Yamaha TW200Z - 2010
    Yamaha TTR225R - 2003

That guy has crazy good deals all the time. I got $500+ predator 2's for 75% off last month and now dominators tx 2's for $200 off.. these are awesome boots for $300, but for $99.00! Wow. I have enough mx boots till I'm dead now. Watch this guy he will drop prices when he needs cash and then they go back up. If you watch you win.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJeeper View Post
    Hes is a legit eBay seller. I bough the 5 pairs of forma boots from him over the last year. Those are a good deal..
    Dryden-Tdub likes this.
    Yamaha TW200Z - 2010
    Yamaha TTR225R - 2003

Purple,
    I wear an 11.5 to 12 wide US mens… the newer styles of sneakers and shoes in WIDE allowing the 11.5. My Formas are all size 46 'euro' and are a great fit. They've all proven very waterproof after many long days in the rain and stream crossings, seem to be wearing very well. If the water doesn't come in over the top, my feet stay dry.
    Previously, pretty much everything required a kettle of boiling water with some squatting to get enough room for the fifth toe and lots of break in time, these fit great out of the box. The Adventure is enough boot for the TW, without going full Power Ranger plastic motocross boot. I actually tend to grab my Cape Horns the most often, a little less padding, but quickly becoming my 'do everything' boot.
    Purple likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links