Ttw225
Close

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fred

Thread: Ttw225

Ttw225

Am contemplating a TTR/TW hybred.
    Mate CJ7Pilot's TTR front suspension, brakes & 21 inch rim with Betty Boop's TW frame & speedo-deive, 223cc 6-sp motor, JoeMama 2" swingarm, Terracross ATV, and a Banshee shock body with TW200 shock spring.
    Some research & measuring of parts on hand make this all seem feasible. Each step has been pioneered and proven sucessful by the likes of Lirdbrth, Gerry, Raybar , Ronneydog among others. Just seems once Betty Boop got TTR power it would benefit from the TTR front end if combined with a suitable rear shock & spring. Basically will be chasing the plush suspension on the Mr.Gizmo bike with a blend of Gerry and Lizrbrth ideas. Prep a Banshee shock for compression stops and travel, add a TW rear spring. Bansheefunction.jpg.

These bikes look good with a bit more height, a 21" front rim and ATV rear tire. This is DaveDyno's similar interpretation. rim2.jpg

Anyone see any obvious flaws?
    XT225 speedo cable, TW speedo hub fitting and TTR whee, hub, brake, forks, brake line, master cylinder all seem willing to play with each other.
    Sthrnromr likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Anyone see any obvious flaws?

Fred do you really want people laughing at your skinny tire? (kidding of course)

Master cylinder and cable actuated brake?

223 or 225 or 226? I have read all three used to describe the longer stroke bigger bore engine.

I have a 71mm Wiseco if you are interested.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I have a complete TTR225 front end of wheel, forks, and triple trees with the TTR disc, caliper, brake line, master cylinder and brake lever.
    Plan was to bore TW 33mm clamps to take the TTR's 36mm forks. However once I mill the TW clamps I am committed. Thus the newborn idea that since the TTR front end might essentially bolt right on using just the TW speedo-pick up hub fitting and a longer 3" longer speedo cable I could have test mule fairly easily for rear shock improvements...if I can just figure out the headlight/cowl mounting.

Tony, a bore and 71mm Wiseco could be in the future, Betty Boop is turning into a hanger queen of unfinished projects yet a tip to Moab is in the works. Want to re-weld CycleRack; have upgraded auxiliary LED lights sitting on the shelf capable of igniting jack rabbits at twenty paces, Rotopax should come to Moab too. After all I should get more use out of those new fork seals you helped install in Betty Boop at Brian's Wrench & Ride, just a few hundred off trail riding miles. Still need a good extended shake-down ride on the transplanted TTR engine.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Sponosred Links