Tw200 value
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Tw200 value

Tw200 value

I have a tw200 lined up to buy, they have dropped the price to $2750 canadian for me, it's a 2010 model with only 2000km on the clock, it seems in great shape for the age but the only problem is when I went to look at the bike they got it fired up, and then died, could repeat that a few times before we couldn't get it to start again. The bike has sat for a few years so I am worried something else could be wrong, any input on if it's a good deal of not would be great

Likely the carburetor simply has gummed up pilot or main jets, something fairly easy to fix. However you could exaggerate concern over the poor running condition as leverage to further reduce the asking price. " Gee Fellows,I don't know, a new carb will set me back a almost $400 Canadian" and see how the seller responds.
    Peterb likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by cmac95 View Post
    I have a tw200 lined up to buy, they have dropped the price to $2750 canadian for me, it's a 2010 model with only 2000km on the clock, it seems in great shape for the age but the only problem is when I went to look at the bike they got it fired up, and then died, could repeat that a few times before we couldn't get it to start again. The bike has sat for a few years so I am worried something else could be wrong, any input on if it's a good deal of not would be great
    My only speculation with no other information whatsoever, is that the carb is gunked up. It’ll prob need all new fluids and a really thorough carb cleaning at the least.
    2010 TW200 - The Goat
    Triumphs
    ATVs
    Way too many past bikes to list

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Don't know where you are in Canada but if you are anywhere near me I can help you out with the carb and stuff. You can even ship me the carb and I will take care of it for you. Free of course :-)

I am living in St John's Newfoundland but I am from Aurora Ontario, I might have to take you up on that! But I do think I should learn to clean a carb properly. This might be the place to learn
    Sthrnromr, Peterb, Purple and 1 others like this.

Cool

I suspect they will have a difficult time selling a bike that won't run especially in the winter.....I would guess a fluid flush... a fuel system cleaning.... and a tune up ….battery ….would run ???? say... $350 ...I would make them a insulting offer like $ 2150 and if they take it fine..if not...fine......always be willing to walk away....
    Fred and jtstdub like this.

That's my thought, the old gas and oil can't be helping the thing run, ahahaha, I have already talked them down from 3900, which I thought was out to lunch for an old bike, but the more I can get off the better

Last year I bought a 2015 with 792 kms for $3000. Some dealers in Quebec and I have seen them in Ontario new non currents for $4000. For that price I would contact dealers in NFLD and see if they have discounted non currents.

Ok....I finally took the time to convert the Canadian Dollars into US...and find that $3000 Canadian is about $2230 US...now those prices make some sense to me...

So your offer of $2750 is $2046 in real money......Just kidding....just kidding.... that would be a very good price in my neighborhood.
    Last edited by bartruff; 03-06-2019 at 10:28 PM.

$2750 in nice condition and running perfect is not too bad a deal. $2250 Not running right is a better deal and not running right is pure leverage. Probably a very easy repair with a simple dumping of stale gas from the tank and a deep cleaning of the carb. Get the old fuel out of the tank first and foremost and inspect the inside for rust and crud before you do anything. If this is at a dealer I would not allow them to do the repair because they will do it only half way just to get it running and for sure there will be issues right down the road.

GaryL
    jtstdub likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links