TW wannabe
Close

Thread: TW wannabe

Hi everyone,

A T here, been lurking for a couple of months. I don't own a bike now, am totally sold on a TDub for my re entrance into bikes! I trust I will purchase one this summer, after I meet a few financial goals to pay off creditors.

I suppose I've read 3/4 of the forum. That's what has me excited to plan a TW purchase. I feel confident I can troubleshoot/repair and customize a used TW- with the information you guys are so willing to share.

About me: i love in Memphi Tn. i will be 57 this year. I wore out a CT 70 in 1971-2, then rode an assortment of dirt and street bikes, til about 1983. That's when I broke a few bones crashing a Yamaha 360mx. I rode quads for a few years, then got tired of loading up to ride.

Its been 30 years since my last 2 wheel bike ride, and I'm thinking the TW200 is a perfect beginner bike for me.

The Tw200 is to me today, as was the CT70 to me as a 15 yo kid. With the TW, I won't be tempted to ride the interstate, or to race on an MX track. I'll use it for exploring creeks, farm roads and fire trails, and daily commutes around the city.

Anyway, I'm dang glad I found this board. You guys rock! I'll be one of you in about 6 months!

Howsbentley

Alan Turner

Welcome, a TDub will be perfect for want you want to do.
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

Shasta County - In the Shadow of Lassen Peak
    Welcome. By reading this Forum, you have taken the first correct steps towards a sweet ride.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Once you get hooked up with a dub you won't look back......... They are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fun... My wife and I are in our 60's and just love them.. We load them up and travel... Just can't beat them for the fun factor.... Oh ya.. Welcome. OMM.

Quote Originally Posted by Howsbentley View Post
    Its been 30 years since my last 2 wheel bike ride, and I'm thinking the TW200 is a perfect beginner bike for me.

Worked for me after 38 years!!
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Welcome, We'll look forward to your posts and pics of your adventures.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Yup, the TW200 is a non-threatening motorcycle, and it is super easy to work on and modify. I turned my street but I want another for trail riding now.

Bart

Sponosred Links