Close

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By grewen
  • 1 Post By JimsRVLife
  • 1 Post By goldenhtr

Thread: Handle Bar Height

Handle Bar Height

ex_q80_w1280_h_are-tw-series-truck-caps-gallery-2.jpg
    I'm considering a pickup cap for my F-250SD and wondering if I can get a TW in the bed of the truck with a cap on it. I've found an A.R.E TW Classic (ironic!?!) that has a minimum rear door clearance of 48", so I believe I can get a TW200 in the door, my concern is the height at the front of the cap at the cab. Does anyone carry their TW in the bed with a cap? If so, what brand/model cap do you have? Any suggestions??

I'm going to be pulling an Airstream trailer behind the truck so a rear hitch and trailer are not an option. I'm considering a front hitch mount as an option as well. My other concern is getting the TW inside the bed of an F-250 4x4 FX4 model...sits pretty high in the back! Any suggestions for loading are also appreciated!
    Last edited by JimsRVLife; 03-19-2019 at 12:11 PM.

if you put the tw in the bed....where is the bbq and beer cooler going to go?

the canopy on my ford is cab heigh and measures 44" off the floor, should be the same as the front of a raised canopy at the front where it slopes down to meet the cab. you may have a hell of a time trying to get a tw up a ramp and into an inclosed space like a canopy, it is going to be at least a 2 man job with chances of getting hurt. not the best thing to do on while holidays. i haul mine on the front bumper, easy to load/unload by myself.83.JPG
    Last edited by grewen; 03-19-2019 at 12:33 PM.
    Fred and Badgerflorida like this.
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

Quote Originally Posted by grewen View Post
    if you put the tw in the bed....where is the bbq and beer cooler going to go?

the canopy on my ford is cab heigh and measures 44" off the floor, should be the same as the front of a raised canopy at the front where it slopes down to meet the cab. you may have a hell of a time trying to get a tw up a ramp and into an inclosed space like a canopy, it is going to be at least a 2 man job with chances of getting hurt. not the best thing to do on while holidays. i haul mine on the front bumper, easy to load/unload by myself.83.JPG
    I'm leaning towards the front mount just because of the loading process in the bed. I will be traveling solo so that's a major task to consider doing on my own, especially trying to keep balance while ducking to fit under cap, etc. As they say....recipe for dis....well, you know!
    Fred likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JimsRVLife View Post
    ex_q80_w1280_h_are-tw-series-truck-caps-gallery-2.jpg
    I'm considering a pickup cap for my F-250SD and wondering if I can get a TW in the bed of the truck with a cap on it. I've found an A.R.E TW Classic (ironic!?!) that has a minimum rear door clearance of 48", so I believe I can get a TW200 in the door, my concern is the height at the front of the cap at the cab. Does anyone carry their TW in the bed with a cap? If so, what brand/model cap do you have? Any suggestions??

I'm going to be pulling an Airstream trailer behind the truck so a rear hitch and trailer are not an option. I'm considering a front hitch mount as an option as well. My other concern is getting the TW inside the bed of an F-250 4x4 FX4 model...sits pretty high in the back! Any suggestions for loading are also appreciated!
    Loosen and turn down the handlebars. My buddy and I used to do it and fit 2 TWs in under the cap.
    Sthrnromr likes this.
    A very very wise man once said “it’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"Now then get your weapons... and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me"
    Gen:27:3

“I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.”
    -Ronald Reagan

Sponosred Links