Picked her up today
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    I hated spending real money on such a primitive little bike but the truth is that where I live its winter half the year and this little creature will be a lot more useful than most other things on two wheels.

Rode it home about 30 miles back roads. The bike had less than 100 miles on it so I stayed around 40 or so and didn't beat on it.

Once I clean the dust of I need to adjust the chain and the rear brake. Way to much pedal. I will change the oil this week too, It was winterized and the battery is up. I will run the gas down and fill it up with non ethanol gas and that will be its regular feeding.

Should be fun to tinker with.

2011 TW200: Protaper Fat Bars, IMS Pegs, Cyclerack, Moose Racing Tail Bag, Cyrca Handguards, VStrom Mirrors, Jimbo Shield, Oxford Heated Grips, ProCycle 15k spring, 2x2cycles rack, seat concepts, Cyclops Adventure Sports LED conversion

2014 BMW F800GS

2007 BMW R1200R

Shasta County - In the Shadow of Lassen Peak
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwizard
    What'd you get. Pictures.
    Welcome to the herd.

Welcome to the madness.............. Did you at least get 'er dirty ??? (o;OMM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Actually I just got her clean! I washed it up. It's a 2011 with 98 miles. Well now about 125 miles. I saved some $ over new which still made it expensive but I plan on getting my money out of it. Just a stock looking bike and the most I could find was pencil tip sized rock chip. That will change. I joined this forum last year and almost pulled the trigger on one but bought a KLX250s instead. That was a nice bike. I have since sold it and now have a nice EX500, VSTROM 650ABS and now billy (goat).

I have been just dying not riding much the last couple of months and billy is going to change that. I think the strap on type tire chains will be in the works. I am not sure what we have left of winter as it is starting to clear a bit.

I see so many cool mods I don't know where to start. Oh wait a proper chain maybe.
    2011 TW200: Protaper Fat Bars, IMS Pegs, Cyclerack, Moose Racing Tail Bag, Cyrca Handguards, VStrom Mirrors, Jimbo Shield, Oxford Heated Grips, ProCycle 15k spring, 2x2cycles rack, seat concepts, Cyclops Adventure Sports LED conversion

2014 BMW F800GS

2007 BMW R1200R

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenmarklay View Post
    I see so many cool mods I don't know where to start. Oh wait a proper chain maybe.

Congrats on the (pretty dang) new TW!

Although it wasn't my first mod or add-on, I would push a better front tire to the top of the mod list in a heartbeat. Nothing else I've done has made as big a difference. The stocker is fine on pavement, but it's easily the weakest link when you hit the dirt.
    2011 TW200 - Sold - after 9700 miles and 1,000,000 smiles. So long Tee Dub!
    2012 KLR650
    - Sold
    2013 Tiger Explorer XC
    2014 CB500X - RRP L3

Thank you. I read the 244 is a good value. I just tried my big magnetic tank bag and its a great fit. I use it on the other bikes and it makes life easy not having to transfer stuff all of the time. I like it because it big enough to fit my gym clothes including shoes.

P.S. I don't see a straightforward why to upload a pic or I would.

2014 BMW F800GS

2007 BMW R1200R

I always blows me away that people buy a bike and then put less than 100 miles on it before selling it. Heck, I'd have that much on it in a week, maybe less if it were in the summer months. Did the seller indicate why they'd ridden it so little?

Quote Originally Posted by Truelight View Post
    I always blows me away that people buy a bike and then put less than 100 miles on it before selling it. Heck, I'd have that much on it in a week, maybe less if it were in the summer months. Did the seller indicate why they'd ridden it so little?

That is very true. My little EX500 had 4500 miles and its an 06. I bought it it about May and doubled that. Similar with my VSTROM.

This one had a different story. The owner was a Motorcycle Cop for some years. He left the force but after some time wanted to ride again. He bought a KLR and got this for his wife who I met. She was just a tiny thing. Well a week after a truck backed into him breaking some bones but he came through fine. However, his wife said bikes no more and so this bike got one week of use. They bought it in July of last year from the dealer and it collected dust since. He is a really nice guy and I am happy to have the bike.

2014 BMW F800GS

2007 BMW R1200R

Welcome! Have fun customizing it! First thing I did to mine was to raise the bars and get some wider footpegs.. Since then, I've gone crazy!!!!!

You've got a friend in the Bracket Business! Hidden Content

Get your TW200 Parts at ProCycle! Hidden Content

Yes those are tiny pegs! At 6'0" a taller bar would be cool too.

How can I post the an image?

2014 BMW F800GS

2007 BMW R1200R

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links