Mental Health Problem - TW200 not enough for me? - Page 6
Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: Mental Health Problem - TW200 not enough for me?

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    You mentioned the first statement and then the second. Fuel pump going bad out on the trail is something which would always be a concern but I guess so is getting a flat tire eh? A carbed motorcycle with all its flaws, I've never been stranded because of the carb. Getting it started after sitting all winter, yup, that's been an issue from time to time.

I've never owned a FI motorcycle. I have had the fuel pumps go bad in a couple cars and a pickup truck. Thankfully, there were signs the pumps were about to abandon me so I got them fixed before I was stranded on some dark urban street late at night.
    It takes about 5 minutes to change out a fuel pump on these if you have never done one before. Its not been a problem since the first batch. I have owned a dozen carbed bikes. I like my bikes to start instantly and ride right away regardless of weather, temperature, elevation etc. Nothing with a carburetor is 100% dependable and reliable all the time. Like I said, over 150k on FI bikes and not even a hiccup.
    TitanFlyer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJeeper View Post
    No I haven't spent any time on the 690 forums. I probably should. Mines a 2017 701 so most of the older issues seem to have worked out. I follow the 701 thread on ADV. I agree on the gas cap and carry the little filter with me. I have the CJ cap but haven't mounted it yet. Just last ride that damn OEM cap let dirt drop in there.

Thanks for the Info!

As I said the 701 has always come with the later duke motor, completely different valve train and extra balancers. They never put it into the 690 until recently.
    TitanFlyer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Juno View Post
    As I said the 701 has always come with the later duke motor, completely different valve train and extra balancers. They never put it into the 690 until recently.
    My understanding is the 19 690 Enduro is now the same engine as the 701... I am sure I will not be for wanting much with my new one.. and when I get to the point where I might notice the diffence, I will likely be ready for the next bike.
    Juno likes this.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Sponosred Links