My journey through motorcycles... so far
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: My journey through motorcycles... so far

This thread could go on for a long time talking about these bikes and all the mods/work that I have done to them but I will focus mainly on pictures! Everyone loves pictures!

First I bought a gator moped and sold it a few days later. I don't think I ever even got a pic of it. That led to my 150cc scooter.

I had it for about a year until I ran across the tw at the dealership. I was sold! Disclaimer: the mods have never stopped.

But I still wanted a minibike to fulfill my childhood wishes.

Had the whirlwind for a couple months until I ran across this on craigslist.

which has slowly turned into this

Then I wanted to get my fiancee a bike. So I bought a fixer upper an re-did everything on it.

I decided that I wanted something big and loud to do short trips on the highway so I picked up and transformed my klr into this

Then my fiancee decided she wanted to do a little bit of street riding with me so we recently purchased her this

And that is where I am at today. This has all been done in the past three years. The klr will be finding a new home soon and hopefully something orange will find its way into my garage!
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

NICE rides!
    Gremlin6

2007 TW200

1996 LS650 Bobber

1995 DR650 EOT bike

1994 SP200 Dirtrat

1988 Vmax Black ops bike

1982 CB900F rat

Bikes are fun for sure. Lot of cool toys.
    2011 TW200: Protaper Fat Bars, IMS Pegs, Cyclerack, Moose Racing Tail Bag, Cyrca Handguards, VStrom Mirrors, Jimbo Shield, Oxford Heated Grips, ProCycle 15k spring, 2x2cycles rack, seat concepts, Cyclops Adventure Sports LED conversion

2014 BMW F800GS

2007 BMW R1200R

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

great idea!...i love to see photos of other peoples bikes...so many cool bikes out there...here's mine...

19?? indian moped 4 stroke 50cc - this was my first 2 wheeled bike with a motor (not my photo but it was identical to this one)...got it when i had my drivers permit...i tore this thing down and cleaned it and put it back together...took it offroad down the old railroad tracks in town...sold it for around $100

2003 honda cbr 600rr - this was my first real motorcycle...had a blast on it until i had an accident and the bike was totalled

2005 honda cbr 600rr - bought a new one and rode it for a few years including a trip up to laconia in the pouring rain almost the whole time

2000 yamaha tw200 - bought it in the spring of 2011 and started having more fun riding and modding this than my sportbike

2008 husqvarna sm510r - sold the 600rr in the fall of 2011 and picked this bike up a week later and it rips like a caged ape

future bike plans...maybe a 4 stroke 250cc dirt bike, maybe a wr250x, maybe a cruiser...i'll never sell the tw unless i can buy another one right away...probably sell the husky at some point probably for the wr...hard to go up in weight and down in power though
    Jon62602 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Point37 View Post
    great idea!...i love to see photos of other peoples bikes...so many cool bikes out there...here's mine...

19?? indian moped 4 stroke 50cc - this was my first 2 wheeled bike with a motor (not my photo but it was identical to this one)...got it when i had my drivers permit...i tore this thing down and cleaned it and put it back together...took it offroad down the old railroad tracks in town...sold it for around $100

2003 honda cbr 600rr - this was my first real motorcycle...had a blast on it until i had an accident and the bike was totalled

2005 honda cbr 600rr - bought a new one and rode it for a few years including a trip up to laconia in the pouring rain almost the whole time

2000 yamaha tw200 - bought it in the spring of 2011 and started having more fun riding and modding this than my sportbike

2008 husqvarna sm510r - sold the 600rr in the fall of 2011 and picked this bike up a week later and it rips like a caged ape

future bike plans...maybe a 4 stroke 250cc dirt bike, maybe a wr250x, maybe a cruiser...i'll never sell the tw unless i can buy another one right away...probably sell the husky at some point probably for the wr...hard to go up in weight and down in power though

The only plus I see with the WR is maintenance. I was actually looking at WR250x's and who knows may get one. If we get the KTM duke 390 though I might just get one.
    2011 TW200: Protaper Fat Bars, IMS Pegs, Cyclerack, Moose Racing Tail Bag, Cyrca Handguards, VStrom Mirrors, Jimbo Shield, Oxford Heated Grips, ProCycle 15k spring, 2x2cycles rack, seat concepts, Cyclops Adventure Sports LED conversion

2014 BMW F800GS

2007 BMW R1200R

Shasta County - In the Shadow of Lassen Peak
    Kuhl thread - neat to see the progressions. Here are mine.

Very cool thread. I don't have pictures as I'm at work but here's my progression:

2008 Honda Metropolitan

2009 Suzuki GS500F

2005 Yamaha R6

2007 TW200

The street bikes were fun, but not practical. The TW200 is both fun and practical, I don't think I'll ever sell this bike. I will, however, be adding either a Harley Sportster or Honda Shadow 750 when I get my student loans paid off in a couple of years.

OK. I must do this without photos............ SORRY.

1 1966 yammie twin jet 100............ My first love.

2 1967 yammie 305. 30,000 miles of fun.

3 1973 yammie tx 500.... This bike started the 4 valve per cylinder revolution. 35,000 miles of fun.

4 1977 yammie 750 triple with shaft drive. 35,000 miles of touring.

5 1982 yammie seca 750. 4 banger futuristic looking hot rod... 52,000 miles of thrills..

6 * 2006 yammie TW200. 10,000 miles of every type of road and trail out there.

7 * 2009 triumph america. 15,000 miles of pure cruiser fun..................

* This means I still own and ride.

OMM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flingwing View Post
    Kuhl thread - neat to see the progressions. Here are mine.

Hey, I had that same year of XL250! It was quite a revolutionary bike when it came out, with 4 valves in it's single cylinder! I really liked that bike. No Jag for me, though.

My progression of bikes isn't that impressive, and unfortunately I don't have pictures of my bikes either.

While not a motorcycle, I think it all started with this bike. It looked a lot like a motorcycle, and when the Stallion came out both me and my older brother were dying to have one. We were delighted to wake up Christmas morning to find 2 Stallions near the Christmas tree.

Next up was a Honda 50. It looked like this one, but was stripped down. Apparently it had a burned valve, and the neighbor through the block had it sitting outside in pieces for awhile. We picked it up for a reasonable price, and my dad helped me put in a new valve. The potentially worst injury I've had on a bike was on this bike. I came around a turn on a dirt road to find a chain gate across the road. I got on the brakes and laid it down, but didn't get my head down far enough. I caught the chain with my neck. Fortunately the lock broke, and there was no serious damage to me.

My next bike was an old Kawasaki 175 like this one.. I didn't know much about working on bikes at that time so hired a guy up the road to put new rings in it. It blew up awhile later. We figured out he had put the piston in backwards. The front wheel of this bike survives on my Dad's deer cart. While I had this bike a couple of guys I knew had the new Kawasaki 350 Bighorn like this. I thought it was a cool bike, and would've loved to have had one.

My older brother bought a brand new Honda XL250 when they first came out in 1972. About a year or so later when he got married and started a family he sold it to me. I loved that bike. I had a lot of good times and have a lot of good memories of time spent on that bike. It looked like this. I wouldn't mind having another one.

At one time my two brothers, father, and I all had bikes and enjoyed riding together. My dad had an old Harley Sprint like this that he let me ride some. It had a long stroke and was loud just like the bigger Harleys. If you didn't follow through when kicking it over it would kick back! It was fun. He also had a Suzuki GT250 I got to ride. It looked like this. This was a twin cylinder 2 stroke bike that liked to rev. I liked to imagine I was riding a Kawasaki 750 triple when I was riding it. The GT250 is currently sitting in the garage waiting for me to restore it.

After the XL250 there was quite a dry spell. My brother gave me a Honda XL350, but it was so hard to start I never did ride it much. It got passed on to a nephew. Then I had a chance to pick up a couple of CT70's for a good price. We still have those.

The most fun I've had on a bike is on my current bike, a 1995 TW200. It's not much to look at, but I have a blast exploring on it.

Thanks for sharing your histories guys. Very interesting and enjoyable thread. I hope to see more.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

Shasta County - In the Shadow of Lassen Peak
    Quote Originally Posted by B-dub View Post
    Hey, I had that same year of XL250! It was quite a revolutionary bike when it came out, with 4 valves in it's single cylinder! I really liked that bike. No Jag for me, though.

I actually raced that XL250 thumper on the MX circuit back in the early '70s. There were a number of brave soles that did that in those days but it was heavy and the torque curve was not really suited for racing - more for climbing trees. It was a really slick trials bike though and I loved thumping through the woods. I was actually really close to buying a used '72 when I stumbled upon the T-Dub. I still look now and then - fond, fond memories of that sweet bike.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links