Canada Cycleracks
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I just wanted to see if there are any Canadians who have had the Cycleracks shipped to their home and if so did you get hit with taxes and or duty?

(I don't believe you pay duty if it's made in North America?)

Thanks

Ryan
    '09 TW200 - Black Jimbo Shield - Custom Oversize Foot Pegs - Tusk T-10 ATV Sport Bend Bars - Hammer Black Cycle Rack - Tool Tube (Muffler Style Mount) - 15/50 Sprocket - HID Headlight - Custom Mount Ducati Monster LED Tail Light - LED Turn Signals - Eagle Eye Running Lights - OURY Road Grips - Shinko 700 Trailmaster Front Tire.

I'd simply call the guys at Cycleracks. They ship everywhere and can probably answer all your questions
    SeatConcepts,carb mod,Shinko tires,15/50 o-ring chain,custom racks f/r, aluminum luggage,windshield,handguards,heated grips,Clarke tank,high frt fender,led running lights,folding shifter, wide pegs,12v outlets,headlight kill switch,voltmeter,stainless header,2nd brakelight,GPS/phone mount

Had to pay shipping + hst when I bought mine direct.
    2011 TW200 Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the replies

Tinman I already spoke to Marc he was helpful but couldn't tell me.

JK thats what I was wondering, did Canada Post charge you $10.00 handling fee as well or just the hst?

Thanks

Ryan
    '09 TW200 - Black Jimbo Shield - Custom Oversize Foot Pegs - Tusk T-10 ATV Sport Bend Bars - Hammer Black Cycle Rack - Tool Tube (Muffler Style Mount) - 15/50 Sprocket - HID Headlight - Custom Mount Ducati Monster LED Tail Light - LED Turn Signals - Eagle Eye Running Lights - OURY Road Grips - Shinko 700 Trailmaster Front Tire.

I have both front and rear cycleracks.

They were delivered by mail.

Where did you get the idea of a $10.00 postal fee?

Mine did not have any extra charges at all

Polar, this is what I got off the CBSA and Canada Post websites

"Handling costs"

To process goods imported as mail that are subject to duty and/or tax, Canada Post charges the recipient CAN$9.95. If the item is duty-free and tax exempt, no amount is charged.

All amounts must be paid at the time of delivery (by cash, certified cheque, VISA, MasterCard or your Canada Post commercial account).

I'll take the chance shipping it to the house by what you guys are telling me, I was pondering getting it shipped to my p.o. box in Niagara Falls N.Y. but its $7.00 to pick it up or $5.00 to ship here!

That is totally bizarre. Here in Nunavut we us Canada Post constantly and have NEVER been charged a handling fee.

Most recently my Saddle Bags cam by mail from Tinman. Postage was $100 but that was it. No GST and no fee.

My cycleracks were the same.

Maybe you Re reading to deep?

No I did not have a handling charge added...it actually got here pretty quickly too.
    2011 TW200 Hidden Content

Depends on the courier. USPS hands over to Canada Post - there's a handling fee. If it UPS or Fedex expedited, no extra handling.
    Regards...Wes
    In the Stable: 73 Honda CT90,81 Honda CT110,81 Honda CT70,04 Yamaha TW200,07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

Thanks guys, that makes sense Vuldub! Btw I see you have a CT70, that brings back some good memories I had one for my first bike traded her up for a Yammy MX80 should have kept her hind sight being 20/20 and all!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links