RANT: Stupid Motorcycle Drvers
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: RANT: Stupid Motorcycle Drvers

RANT: Stupid Motorcycle Drvers

I saw this guy riding down a very busy two-lane each way road yesterday in heavy traffic. He was doing wheelies one after another. Nearly hit the car in front of him a couple of times as it was "Stop and go traffic". I tried to catch him to tell him what a jerk he was but never caught up. Later that same day, on the same road he passed me in the other direction, riding with his feet up on the gas tank. He probably has no idea he's doing a disservice to everyone who rides a motorcycle when he's pulling stunts on heavily traveled roads in heavy traffic. Worse yet he could cause a wreck and hurt somebody else. If I see him again I'm going to call the cops and report him for being a douchebag and endangering the General Public. Rant over...
    Mel, Peterb, admiral and 7 others like this.

GOF
    A few years back we had a motorcyclist killed in a crash with a car on a busy city street. The local news crew was interviewing the guys family. They went on and on about how good a rider he was and how the guy in the car should be arrested for murder. After several minutes of this they talked to a police accident investigator. He said "The motorcycle was estimated to be going in excess of 90 miles per hour in a 30MPH zone. No charges are pending for the driver of the car who suffered minor injuries."
    It is these idiots who the general population sees us all as.
    1988 Suzuki Savage
    1987 Yamaha TW200
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by EatElk View Post
    I tried to catch him to tell him what a jerk he was but never caught up.
    TW life.

I'm all for playing around and having fun, but there's a time and a place for it. Traffic or anywhere you're in a position to harm anyone but yourself or damage property that isn't yours is not the place. I see a lot of YouTube videos where riders are splitting lanes/filtering and hauling ass between cars that are at a dead stop, then have the nerve to get pissed and lash out when someone tries to switch lanes. Splitting is fine and all, but it's not a free-for-all personal motorcycle exclusive highway.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

"...RANT: Stupid Motorcycle Drvers..."

Mr. Elk Eater -

I agree with you 100%. Of course.
    Except for one thing.
    This guy was not "driving" his motorcycle...he was "riding" it.

We drive cars & cattle.
    We ride motorcycle & horses.

Thank you.
    You are returned to you usually programming...
    "Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."
    - Hunter S. Thompson

“It’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"The less horsepower a motorcycle has, the more it can teach you.” - Ben Bostrom

And though a mountain may rise up and smack the livin' shit outta me,
    and wad up my bike somethin' awful...
    Still, I rise!
    (With apologies to Maya Angelou)

"Give a Damn"
    - C. M. Howe, Jr.

Hidden Content

That's something that really bugs me, and seems extremely dangerous. Show off over showing caution for riding on public roads, lame. Head to some back roads, some property or a place where there's no one to injure but yourself and have at it.
    silverwing, Xracer, Ken and 3 others like this.
    2004 TW200

i watch alot of that crap on youtube, and i find it very funny when those asses wipe out. the more skin they loose the funnier it is. you can't fix stupid so you might as well laugh at it
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

A few years ago my Wife and I where at Daytona ready to cross a street. The light changed and the crosswalk sign light came on. As we started walking a bunch of clowns on their rear wheels came tearing through nearly running Roe over. When we came back the same thing happened! That was the last time for Daytona.

Ken
    That's really irresponsible of them. I only do things like, the two cars in front of me don't move even after being honked at when the light turned green. I jumped the divider, passed them up and made it through the light. The other day, there was a flashing left turn light and the cars wouldn't even attempt to cross the intersection that was being illegally blocked. I passed the two cars, maneuvered between the cars blocking the intersection, ticked them off and they honked. I guess they were mad because I made it around the illegally blocked intersection.
    jtomelliott49 likes this.

Ken
    I forgot to mention the TW is a great in town bike. It makes it through floods over curbs, spins on a dime, squeezes between nearly everything and around slow inattentive drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by ibdavid View Post
    That's something that really bugs me, and seems extremely dangerous. Show off over showing caution for riding on public roads, lame. Head to some back roads, some property or a place where there's no one to injure but yourself and have at it.
    thats a bipolar avatar compared to your last one.. lol.
    Husqvarna TE300i Fuel Injected 2-Stroke 2019
    Yamaha XT225 - 1999 Serow
    Yamaha TW200Z - 2010
    Yamaha BW200 Electric Start! - 1986
    Yamaha TTR225R - 2003
    Husqvarna 701 Enduro - 2017
    Kawasaki Prairie 650 - 2002

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links