I'm a wannabe
Close

Thread: I'm a wannabe

Hey Team,

I'm in New Zealand and really keen on a TW as my first bike. They are however a rare as hens teeth down here and when for sale tend to go for a pretty penny.

There are two for sale at the moment and I'd really appreciate the advice of some resident experts, preferably someone in NZ who knows about our motorcycle registration and warrant of fitness process but any help is welcome.

The first bike looks like its history is a bit convoluted and work is required to get it on the road, your thoughts on the amount and cost of work required and at what price this bike would represent 'value'? http://www.trademe.co.nz/560154656

The second bike is ship shape and it seems like I'll be paying for the privilege, what are your thoughts on value here? http://www.trademe.co.nz/560630483

Thanks team TW. I really appreciate the help.

James.

i personally would stay away from any modified TW if I did not know the person who did the mods. Too many things can go wrong and it would be a pain in the butt to figure it out. Especially id you are new the the TWs

Thanks mate.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

if i had to choose between those 2 i would pick the first one due to the price and it also still has the stock swingarm...i got my 2000 for $1500 with 8k miles on it just to give you an idea (probably doesn't mean much where you are though)...no matter what these sellers say a stock/unmolested TW is worth more than a modified one...not sure what your motorcycle inspection requirements are over there but you may want to look into those...these bikes are pretty easy to work on but if i had a lot of work to do or parts to buy to make pass inspection i wouldn't buy the bike

Thank you mate. I'm getting the theme here.

Sponosred Links