Insurance? - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Insurance?

GOF
    Shop around and consider what coverages you need. I have found that Geico is the lowest for my needs.
    But your needs are probably different from mine.That will effect the premiums you pay.
    1988 Suzuki Savage
    1987 Yamaha TW200
    Hidden Content

Yeh, I did the Progressive referral from USAA and it is $75 which they say is the smallest policy they will write. They kept increasing coverage until it went up to $76 and I stopped. I think i opted out of uninsured/underinsured but every thing else with 200,000/500,000 like my trucks are. I guess this is really what insurance costs.

I pay ~300 a year for each of my TW's. A part of that is where i live but another part is i maxxed out every coverage they offer for liability and injury and added optional extended coverage for uninsured/underinsured. All it takes is an accident with someone with cheap insurance or no insurance to wreck you financially for life. A buddy of mine went thru that and it took years of litigation and suing the person that hit him directly to get his hospital bills paid. He literally had over 100k in bills in the first two days following his accident.
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

$150 in Alaska. Keep in mind the type of riding you do-will affect your premiums. Insurance coverages are tricky with plenty of exclusions. For example-if you are at fault in an accident-your health insurance (if you have it) is the policy that will cover your injuries-NOT your Geico/Progressive/State Farm policy. (Unless you have paid for Medical Coverages-which usually maxes out at 25K). Those policies will only cover your passengers or injuries to another party. Keep this in mind if you are an off-road rider. You can likely get by with the minimums. If you ride on the road-increasing your Uninsured/Under-insured Coverages are smart-but costly. Likewise-lowering a deductible on a TW200 to say $200-can be costly too and maybe-not worth it. If you trailer your TW or use a hitch carrier-you will want at the very least-comprehensive coverage to provide against theft, fire, vandalism or other damages. Also, you can save money annually if you don't ride in the winter by removing all coverages EXCEPT comprehensive. I'm no insurance expert - so feel free to correct me.
    Last edited by UncleRandy; 05-10-2019 at 03:36 PM.
    jtomelliott49 likes this.

Progressive seems to always be the best deal from what ive seen. Really like their website and service also

Sent from my LML211BL using Tapatalk

In MI we have the catastrophic claims fund every motorist must pay into. The fee is $192 per vehicle. Because of this I haven't plated the TW in years, it's a backyard bike at this point. Premium is only like $20 on my KLX but I still have to pay the additional $192. So I'm at a minimum of $222 per vehicle for the barest insurance I can get.
    1999 Yamaha TW 200
    2003 Kawazuki KLX400SR-SM
    2004 Triumph Sprint ST

I wouldn't own one if I had to pay that fee. That's outrageous.

Quote Originally Posted by ZXtasy View Post
    0.00. Insurance not required in WA state on motorcycles....yet.
    so because the man says it isn't required, does that mean you ride around uninsured? please stay away from us when we pass through your state. how would you pay for an at fault accident?
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

Esurance minimum coverage $72/yr
    2001 TW

Both of my street-bikes are fully insured. The TW's see about 1% use where they could cause an accident to others. I am insurance poor on medical, AFLAC, and my insurance agent says my policies will extend to other vehicles that are occasionally used, like test riding a friends bike, or buying a new one I am covered for 30 days. Still, there is always that rare chance, so I priced it out the other day and it is 19 bucks to add the '99, and 25 for the 2012, per month. (State Farm, all my stuff with them, have been customer for 30 years+) I may just spend it. Besides, We were just riding them in Oregon, and they, like BC, are not reciprocal and require insurance. Heck, BC does not even recognize WA insurance that is on bikes and you have to have a special CA provision, That and the 40KPH over impound law are just 2 reasons I don't go up their to ride anymore.
    Last edited by ZXtasy; 05-13-2019 at 06:04 AM.
    grewen likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponosred Links