Why are TW's disappearing?
Close
    
    
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Why are TW's disappearing?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Woodi23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    112
    So, I have done some searching on Yamaha websites world wide and I have come to find out, that the TW's are disappearing... So what is up with this? I feel like Yamaha is getting rid of the TW, anyone else seeing this happen? Anyone over sea's finding out that TW's are not longer being sold? If they get rid of the TW, my next bike will be Honda CRF250L...



    I feel sad if the TW is gone... Like I am loosing my best friend...
    2010 TW - Easton bars & clamps, cyclerack (black), jimbo shield, acerbis steel gaurds, atv seat pad, custom skid plat, more upgrades soon

  2. #2
    Senior Member andrewsclues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Bucks County PA
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodward View Post
    So, I have done some searching on Yamaha websites world wide and I have come to find out, that the TW's are disappearing... So what is up with this? I feel like Yamaha is getting rid of the TW, anyone else seeing this happen? Anyone over sea's finding out that TW's are not longer being sold? If they get rid of the TW, my next bike will be Honda CRF250L...



    I feel sad if the TW is gone... Like I am loosing my best friend...
    But don't you have a TW already? As long as you don't total it, because they're so cheap and easy to fix, you could have it forever, or at least a few decades.

  3. #3
    Senior Member old white truck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Northwestern Oregon
    Posts
    1,092
    It does seem worrisome.



    Click here for more info

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member RisingSun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    793
    The Japanese motorcycle industry is hurting. I might just mean they can't afford to run a factory in Singapore anymore.

  6. #5
    Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Wet-ern Washington
    Posts
    1,409
    As I opined in this thread, I believe that the environmental regulations will either force Yamaha to move the TW into the fuel injection world...or kill it. I, personally, would love them to engineer the bike with EFI and keep pumping it out for years and years. I am starting to suspect, with all of the evidence that you all are finding, that we may be seeing the end. I was saddened to see the TW missing from the large Yamaha showing at the International Motorcycle Show in Seattle recently. I hope that I am wrong, but I guess we will know this fall.
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

    2004 TW200, 13-55 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114 folding shifter

  7. #6
    Senior Member tw200sgp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by lrppcer View Post
    As I opined in this thread, I believe that the environmental regulations will either force Yamaha to move the TW into the fuel injection world...or kill it. I, personally, would love them to engineer the bike with EFI and keep pumping it out for years and years. I am starting to suspect, with all of the evidence that you all are finding, that we may be seeing the end. I was saddened to see the TW missing from the large Yamaha showing at the International Motorcycle Show in Seattle recently. I hope that I am wrong, but I guess we will know this fall.




    The Suzuki VanVan 200 (almost an exact TW copy) has EFI (fuel injection). I don't know if you can get it in the US but in Singpore that's my backup for the TW.

  8. #7
    Senior Member Point37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Southcoast MAsshole
    Posts
    2,661
    Quote Originally Posted by tw200sgp View Post
    The Suzuki VanVan 200 (almost an exact TW copy) has EFI (fuel injection). I don't know if you can get it in the US but in Singpore that's my backup for the TW.


    i don't believe they are sold here so maybe we should start hoarding TWs...i wish Yamaha could partner with Suzuki on the TW and just throw the vanvan efi on it to keep it alive

  9. #8
    Senior Member Tuber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    VT
    Posts
    734
    Quote Originally Posted by tw200sgp View Post
    The Suzuki VanVan 200 (almost an exact TW copy) has EFI (fuel injection). I don't know if you can get it in the US but in Singpore that's my backup for the TW.


    is that bike produced in Singapore and do you know if they export it anywhere else in Asia??
    2005 Tdub

  10. #9
    Senior Member arrowsmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    673
    http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/pr..._overview.aspx

    TW still listed for 2013 way to early for 2014

  11. #10
    Junior Member easternfrontnh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    New Hampshire for DAMN Sure!!!
    Posts
    13
    Needs some modern refinements. And one more gear. Add EFI to the current engine. Plus a few color options beside white. I still think its a solid bike in the lineup.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •