Why are TW's disappearing?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Why are TW's disappearing?

So, I have done some searching on Yamaha websites world wide and I have come to find out, that the TW's are disappearing... So what is up with this? I feel like Yamaha is getting rid of the TW, anyone else seeing this happen? Anyone over sea's finding out that TW's are not longer being sold? If they get rid of the TW, my next bike will be Honda CRF250L...

I feel sad if the TW is gone... Like I am loosing my best friend...
    2010 TW - Easton bars & clamps, cyclerack (black), jimbo shield, acerbis steel gaurds, atv seat pad, custom skid plat, more upgrades soon

Quote Originally Posted by Woodward View Post
    So, I have done some searching on Yamaha websites world wide and I have come to find out, that the TW's are disappearing... So what is up with this? I feel like Yamaha is getting rid of the TW, anyone else seeing this happen? Anyone over sea's finding out that TW's are not longer being sold? If they get rid of the TW, my next bike will be Honda CRF250L...

I feel sad if the TW is gone... Like I am loosing my best friend...
    But don't you have a TW already? As long as you don't total it, because they're so cheap and easy to fix, you could have it forever, or at least a few decades.

It does seem worrisome.

Click here for more info

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

The Japanese motorcycle industry is hurting. I might just mean they can't afford to run a factory in Singapore anymore.

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    As I opined in this thread, I believe that the environmental regulations will either force Yamaha to move the TW into the fuel injection world...or kill it. I, personally, would love them to engineer the bike with EFI and keep pumping it out for years and years. I am starting to suspect, with all of the evidence that you all are finding, that we may be seeing the end. I was saddened to see the TW missing from the large Yamaha showing at the International Motorcycle Show in Seattle recently. I hope that I am wrong, but I guess we will know this fall.
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-55 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114 folding shifter

Quote Originally Posted by lrppcer View Post
    As I opined in this thread, I believe that the environmental regulations will either force Yamaha to move the TW into the fuel injection world...or kill it. I, personally, would love them to engineer the bike with EFI and keep pumping it out for years and years. I am starting to suspect, with all of the evidence that you all are finding, that we may be seeing the end. I was saddened to see the TW missing from the large Yamaha showing at the International Motorcycle Show in Seattle recently. I hope that I am wrong, but I guess we will know this fall.

The Suzuki VanVan 200 (almost an exact TW copy) has EFI (fuel injection). I don't know if you can get it in the US but in Singpore that's my backup for the TW.

Quote Originally Posted by tw200sgp View Post
    The Suzuki VanVan 200 (almost an exact TW copy) has EFI (fuel injection). I don't know if you can get it in the US but in Singpore that's my backup for the TW.

i don't believe they are sold here so maybe we should start hoarding TWs...i wish Yamaha could partner with Suzuki on the TW and just throw the vanvan efi on it to keep it alive

Quote Originally Posted by tw200sgp View Post

is that bike produced in Singapore and do you know if they export it anywhere else in Asia??
    2005 Tdub

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/pr..._overview.aspx

TW still listed for 2013 way to early for 2014

Needs some modern refinements. And one more gear. Add EFI to the current engine. Plus a few color options beside white. I still think its a solid bike in the lineup.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links